Welcome to the new Summer of Code

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Strangerke
ScummVM Developer

Welcome to the new Summer of Code

Post by Strangerke »

Yesterday, Google announced the list of accepted mentoring organizations and we have the great pleasure to be one of those.

In previous years, we have primarily focused on adventure games. However, after discussing with our sister project ResidualVM, we are happy to announce that, this year, we will also be accepting RPG tasks.

ScummVM and ResidualVM are now waiting for motivated students, willing to work during this summer on reviving adventure and role-playing games.

Be part of it! Make History and join our best GSoC so far! Take a look at our ideas page or bring your own idea, then contact us: we are waiting for you on IRC impatiently!

One place: Freenode. Two channels: #scummvm and #residualvm
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

Congrats...

Hope you'll get lots of students to pick from
Pseudo_Intellectual

Post by Pseudo_Intellectual »

It's great to see RPGs now officially inside the tent (looking forward to seeing Exult folded in, realizing the 2004 CABAL April Fool's joke), but still all those text adventures supported with Gargoyle are left out in the cold? Yes, it's my semiannual bid to urge the powers that be to reconsider that particular decision.
Pseudo_Intellectual

Post by Pseudo_Intellectual »

Gripes aside, hats off for the new release!
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Pseudo_Intellectual wrote:but still all those text adventures supported with Gargoyle are left out in the cold? Yes, it's my semiannual bid to urge the powers that be to reconsider that particular decision.
As long as ScummVM doesn't have any clipboard support, I'd much rather use Gargoyle for that kind of games. It's nice to be able to copy text and paste it into an editor on the side. But maybe that's just me.
rootfather
ScummVM Lead

Post by rootfather »

Slightly off-topic, but are there any plans to include Gargoyle into the main ScummVM branch as an engine? Would it be possible to add features like clipboard support in the engine itself?