Direct Input Mouse option for WIndows 10 version?

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

rubejb

Direct Input Mouse option for WIndows 10 version?

Post by rubejb »

I was wondering if there's a way to enable the "direct input" or whatever it's called option that Android has, on Windows 10. Basically, the mouse cursor goes to wherever you tap instead of working as a touchpad sort of control.

I came across this old thread that someone made a workaround for, but I couldn't get it to work properly:

http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php ... ouchscreen

Is there an option in the current version of SCUMMVM that I'm missing, or is there some easier workaround?

Thanks!
tsoliman
ScummVM Developer

Post by tsoliman »

Note: I am not the Windows Porter so take what I say as a regular forum user. I also don't have Windows 10 or any experience with anything past Windows 7.

Does the touchscreen work as a "jump to here" in software outside of ScummVM? For example, what behavior happens in DOSBOX?

It might be thinking that ScummVM is an SDL "game" and so it switches to relative mode (like a touchpad)

Generally the trouble I've had to deal with is the other way round: A touchscreen that keeps sending "jump to (x,y)" instead of acting like a touchpad, and having code in ScummVM that switches it to behave more like a touchpad.
rubejb

Post by rubejb »

It acts like a touchpad in the SCUMMVM menu, as well in the handful of games I've tried.
tsoliman
ScummVM Developer

Post by tsoliman »

tsoliman wrote: Does the touchscreen work as a "jump to here" in software outside of ScummVM? For example, what behavior happens in DOSBOX?
rubejb

Post by rubejb »

Sorry, I haven't used dosbox in some time.