Elementary, my dear Watson

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Mustrum

Post by Mustrum »

In The Rose Tattoo (German version) with ScummVM i cannot save the journal (Tagebuch), but in DOSBox works (JOURNAL.TXT).

Is this a bug in ScummVM?

SummVM

DOSBox
dreammaster
ScummVM Developer

Post by dreammaster »

More unimplemented functionality than bug. At the time I worked on the journal, saving the journal wasn't an immediate priority, so it was left as disabled. Maybe I can throw together some basic functionality for it even if, for example, I hardcode the filename.
dreammaster
ScummVM Developer

Post by dreammaster »

I've now implemented a simplified version of the original's journal saving.. when clicked on, it will create a file journal.txt with the content's of Watson's journal.
DarkMoe

Post by DarkMoe »

Hi, just a quick question.

Since EA gave the source codes to this legendary series, is it available anywhere to download ?

I'm really interesting in seeing how adventure games where made back in the day (too bad LucasArts never released their source codes).

Thanks,
dreammaster
ScummVM Developer

Post by dreammaster »

DarkMoe wrote:Hi, just a quick question.

Since EA gave the source codes to this legendary series, is it available anywhere to download ?

I'm really interesting in seeing how adventure games where made back in the day (too bad LucasArts never released their source codes).

Thanks,
Not currently, no. It would be nice if it were available for digital purchase. Particularly the 3DO version of Serrated Scalpel, which included full motion video for all the game's conversations (although it isn't yet completely playable in ScummVM).
DarkMoe

Post by DarkMoe »

Oh too bad .. the worst part is that I work for them, but of course I have no access to that. Well, thanks for replying !