ScummVM 1.8.0-git for iOS 7+ available on GitHub

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's iPhone port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Noodles

Post by Noodles »

Please, compile someone latest version for iPad Air 2 jailbroken. I don't have the technical capabilities to do it yourself. Thank you!
bsauvage

Post by bsauvage »

Omg this is the best Christmas/new year/Chinese new year gift ever!

Has this been merged to the main code and the nightlies?

If not, would someone be kind enough to share a compiled version in the meantime?

Thank you so much for the great effort...
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

bsauvage wrote:Omg this is the best Christmas/new year/Chinese new year gift ever!

If not, would someone be kind enough to share a compiled version in the meantime?

The code has been merged. Due to some issues with our buildbot we don't have nightly for it right now. That will hopefully change in the near future.
bsauvage

Post by bsauvage »

Indeed I downloaded the nightly and it doesn't incorporate the changes.
Is there a link on the website to the latest available build including these changes?
lixxbox

Post by lixxbox »

Compiled it without any Xcode knowledge using the readme instructions. Everything is working so far. Thank you!

The icon is a bit ugly, but I made some quick and dirty ones that look more like iOS7+ icons.

Will there be some further iOS specific modifications?
Maybe
- Savegame sync via iCloud/Dropbox
- More iOS looking theme/ bigger font/buttons or even replace the ScummVM gui with iOS gui (is this allowed?)
bsauvage

Post by bsauvage »

LordHoto wrote:
bsauvage wrote:Omg this is the best Christmas/new year/Chinese new year gift ever!

The code has been merged. Due to some issues with our buildbot we don't have nightly for it right now. That will hopefully change in the near future.
Sorry to bother you again, but do you have a sense when the nightly will be repaired ?
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

bsauvage wrote:Sorry to bother you again, but do you have a sense when the nightly will be repaired ?
There are some builds for thoese on our new, experimental buildbot.
bsauvage

Post by bsauvage »

LordHoto wrote:
bsauvage wrote:Sorry to bother you again, but do you have a sense when the nightly will be repaired ?
Well, unfortunately... it crashes to desktop!
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

bsauvage wrote:
LordHoto wrote:
Did you have an older version of ScummVM installed before? You might need to reboot your device in this case.

EDIT: I can't test the iOS 7.1+ builds, but the iOS build works fine for me. Of course that doesn't include the changes you want :-)
bsauvage

Post by bsauvage »

LordHoto wrote:
bsauvage wrote:
LordHoto wrote: There are some builds for thoese on our new, experimental buildbot.
Did you have an older version of ScummVM installed before? You might need to reboot your device in this case.

EDIT: I can't test the iOS 7.1+ builds, but the iOS build works fine for me. Of course that doesn't include the changes you want :-)
Deleted old one, rebooted, installed new one, reboot then... Still crash unfortunately!
bSr43
ScummVM Porter

Post by bSr43 »

You can easily fix the crash on the nightly build: just change the file permissions of the ScummVM.app/ScummVM file to make it executable for anyone.
bsauvage

Post by bsauvage »

bSr43 wrote:You can easily fix the crash on the nightly build: just change the file permissions of the ScummVM.app/ScummVM file to make it executable for anyone.
Success! Merci!

Last question though: it seems it is configured as iPhone and not ipad, hence it opens the app in a lower resolution and scales it... Can this be changed?
bSr43
ScummVM Porter

Post by bSr43 »

bsauvage wrote: Success! Merci!

Last question though: it seems it is configured as iPhone and not ipad, hence it opens the app in a lower resolution and scales it... Can this be changed?
I don't have a jailbroken iPad to test, but I think that I see what's happening: an information is missing in the Info.plist about the supported platforms :(

I'll fix that on the repository ASAP, so that the next build should be OK on the iPad.

For your information, in the Info.plist file, try to change these lines:

Code: Select all

<key>UIApplicationExitsOnSuspend</key>
	<false/>
Into this:

Code: Select all

<key>UIApplicationExitsOnSuspend</key>
	<false/>
	<key>UIDeviceFamily</key>
	<array>
		<integer>1</integer>
		<integer>2</integer>
	</array>
bsauvage

Post by bsauvage »

it works!!! (needs a restart of the ipad after performing the change to the plist).

Thank you very much all for the hard work! It's awesome.
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

Permissions should be fixed for future daily builds now.