Game and screenshot technical problems

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Nowhere Girl

Game and screenshot technical problems

Post by Nowhere Girl »

I guess it's not the most polite thing to just drop by asking "please help!", but really - I tried looking for the answer and I couldn't.
Problem no. 1: screenshots in Scumm VM without D-Fend Reloaded. I usually play all games with Scumm VM used through D-Fend Reloaded, with the exception of "Pajama Sam 1" - when I play Pajama Sam games through Scumm VM + D-Fend, I always get the same event combination (I don't have this problem in other Humongous Entertainment games) and in "Pajama Sam 1" you can't choose it manually. However, I don't know how to capture screenshots now... I realise a different combination is used in Scumm VM both with and without D-Fend, Alt-S (as opposed to Ctrl-F5 for DOS games played through D-Fend only). Earlier screenshots DID save themselves somewhere in the Scumm VM folder (of course, when I play games through Scumm VM + D-Fend, they get saved in their appropriate D-Fend Reloaded subfolder), now they don't and I don't know why... What and where do I need to setup in order to be able to capture screenshots in a way more comfortable than plain Print Screen?
Problem no. 2: I discovered the lovely graphics of the "Once Upon a Time" series and I'm trying it out (without Scumm VM, to be exact, but maybe somebody knows what could have happened...). I tried the "more pessimistic" version with wolf as protagonist first. I solved the first task (gathering his items) and now, it seems, he has to catch some birds and avoid others. Here's what happens: I can't see any birds (or any cursor, by the way) and the wolf keeps standing there and repeating "Be careful", "Carry on", "Try again". I can't interact with the game anymore - it's as if the game kinda got stuck... Does anybody know what could have happened? How to play it? - maybe this scene is actually played with the keyboard and not the mouse?... I just have no idea and I'd like to complete this game.