SCI32

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Angelus3K

SCI32

Post by Angelus3K »

First off, huge thanks to everyone involved in ScummVM. It truly is one of the best applications available!

Just wanted to ask how SCI32 progress was coming along? LSL7 and SQ6 are itching to be played!
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

Not much progress on SCI32 lately.

SQ6 is SCI2.1, an earlier version of SCI32. LSL7 is SCI3, and has even more differences and a different VM that uses 32-bit addressing, which isn't supported yet.

So... no news yet, nobody has had any time to work on it.
Angelus3K

Post by Angelus3K »

Thanks for the update.

There is so little time and I can imagine all you guys are busy with your lives and families lol!
Lebostein

Post by Lebostein »

How is the work on SCI32? At the moment ScummVM adds more and more new and Windows-based engines to the source (it is not needed in my eyes because some of that games run with current windows versions too). But I think ScummVM should remember its roots! An Engine like SCI32 should have the highest priority in my eyes. Many adventure hits are running with SCI32:

Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers
The Beast Within: A Gabriel Knight Mystery
King's Quest VII: The Princeless Bride
Leisure Suit Larry 6: Shape Up or Slip Out! (hi-res CD-ROM version)
Mixed-Up Mother Goose Deluxe
Phantasmagoria
Police Quest: Open Season
Quest for Glory IV: Shadows of Darkness
Shivers
Space Quest 6: The Spinal Frontier
Torin's Passage

I hope the works are still ongoing... it is possible to ask/hire old Sierra programmers for unknown things?
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

Lebostein wrote:How is the work on SCI32? At the moment ScummVM adds more and more new and Windows-based engines to the source (it is not needed in my eyes because some of that games run with current windows versions too) ...
An Engine like SCI32 should have the highest priority in my eyes. Many adventure hits are running with SCI32
People who doesn't own a Windows based machine (for one reason or the other) or use ScummVM on a completely different platform may have a slightly different stance on this.

I, for one, welcome the new additions as those are games i was never able to play when they were distributed.

I too would like to see the later SCI games supported, but whatever game we get supported is fine by me.
I hope the works are still ongoing... it is possible to ask/hire old Sierra programmers for unknown things?
Nice idea...have you got contact and are you going to pay them? ;-)
MrPunchy

Post by MrPunchy »

Lebostein wrote:How is the work on SCI32? At the moment ScummVM adds more and more new and Windows-based engines to the source (it is not needed in my eyes because some of that games run with current windows versions too). But I think ScummVM should remember its roots! An Engine like SCI32 should have the highest priority in my eyes. Many adventure hits are running with SCI32:

Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers
The Beast Within: A Gabriel Knight Mystery
King's Quest VII: The Princeless Bride
Leisure Suit Larry 6: Shape Up or Slip Out! (hi-res CD-ROM version)
Mixed-Up Mother Goose Deluxe
Phantasmagoria
Police Quest: Open Season
Quest for Glory IV: Shadows of Darkness
Shivers
Space Quest 6: The Spinal Frontier
Torin's Passage

Don't forget RAMA, I wish to play it in scummvm (with subtitles added) :oops: :oops:
envisaged0ne

Post by envisaged0ne »

Maybe it's just me, but some of these posts come off as if they feel there entitled to these "requests"
MrPunchy

Post by MrPunchy »

I'm just saying I'd like , I know this is a great effort .

Maybe one day it may be possible.
Lebostein

Post by Lebostein »

MrPunchy wrote:Maybe one day it may be possible.
Yeah. It seems it is done!
https://www.scummvm.org/news/20171122/
:D