GRAAL-based games for the Amiga

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Amitari

GRAAL-based games for the Amiga

Post by Amitari »

GRAAL was a point-and-click game engine for the Amiga. Most games created with it are now freeware, the most famous one is Muscarine, which can be downloaded from both Aminet and from its official website where language packs in German and Polish are available too.
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

Interesting fact is that all game scripts and room descriptions are in text.

All music is in .MOD and .SND, and graphics is in .IFF. All are supported by ScummVM.

Thus, somebody could potentially reimplement the engine even without the sources.
Amitari

Post by Amitari »

sev wrote:Interesting fact is that all game scripts and room descriptions are in text.

All music is in .MOD and .SND, and graphics is in .IFF. All are supported by ScummVM.

Thus, somebody could potentially reimplement the engine even without the sources.
I knew about the graphics and music, but I didn't know that the room descriptions where stored like that! This sounds really good! There's also an engine called GRAC2, it might be related. Anyway, I found a thread on EAB that lists a couple of games made in GRAAL and GRAC2.