Discworld Inventory Trading Issue/Possible Bug?

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

natcarsten

Discworld Inventory Trading Issue/Possible Bug?

Post by natcarsten »

When playing the Discworld CD-Rom with ScummVM on PC, there seems to be an issue with putting items into Rincewind's inventory. As quoted from another user on another forum:

"I have three things in it now, pouch, book and pickpocket skill. I couldn't get the mirror in it so I just carried it to the flagpole, but now I have to use the ladder and the butterfly net. I can use the ladder from the luggage but I can't use the butterfly net because I can't carry it up the ladder. Is this a game glitch?"

So far, I haven't tried putting anything into his inventory directly after picking it up--only items that have already been stored in the luggage first, so I will try that next. (UPDATE: Attempting to put the butterfly net directly into Rincewind's immediately after picking up also does not work--it only allows the net to be stored in the luggage).

But does anyone have any experience with running into this one? Can it be remedied, or is there any workaround?

Any help/advice would be appreciated...! Thanks!
natcarsten

Save Games

Post by natcarsten »

Or if somebody happens to have a save game file from the point right after catching the pancake that they could share, perhaps...?
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

Do you happen to have a save game right before that happens?
natcarsten

Post by natcarsten »

I do...! Could I e-mail it to you, perhaps?
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

natcarsten wrote:I do...! Could I e-mail it to you, perhaps?
The preferred way would be to file a bug report in the bug tracker and attach a savegame there.

Note that there are at least two different CD versions: One where many of the files are called something.scn and one where they are called something.gra. I don't know if savegames are compatible between them, but I wouldn't assume it so please mention which one the bug report is for.
natcarsten

Post by natcarsten »

User error--Apparently Rincewind can only hold up to 2 items at a time (aside from skills). Once I moved the book to the luggage, I was able to move the butterfly net into his inventory.

Thanks to Raziel for the help! :-)
defcon2

Re: Discworld Inventory Trading Issue/Possible Bug?

Post by defcon2 »

Its a bug, and its repaired in the daily version.

I have dowload version 2.6.2 and DiscWorld work ok with the sticky ladder ;-)

thanks
rootfather
ScummVM Lead

Re: Discworld Inventory Trading Issue/Possible Bug?

Post by rootfather »

Yep, that bug got fixed for the 2.6.1 release - so the next release that is coming out soon(tm) will also include this bugfix.