Scummvm working on Windows phone (android)

Discussion about other and unofficial ports of ScummVM

Moderator: ScummVM Team

silentyann

Scummvm working on Windows phone (android)

Post by silentyann »

Hey guys,

the last stable build is working on Windows phone 10 (Lumia 930) using the android 4.4 sandbox of W10 (with apktow10M).

The only problem is that it's not possible to access the save menu (which is sad of course!)

The emulation is perfect though (I've tested gobliins 2, dott, monkey island so far).

If you guys know a build in which we could use multitouch to access scummvm menu, Scummvm would totally be available on Windows phone.

Cheers!

Yann
koshman

Post by koshman »

By the way I just tested it and while you are right about the menu/saving issue there are some SCUMMVM games that can be played fine - e.g. Simon the Sorcerer I & II. Because they have the ability to invoke their in-game menu by USE-ing the postcard. I know it's no Monkey Island but maybe they can tide you over before an official port is available.

Also tried Beneath a Steel Sky and I think there is another problem becuase the RMB is not emulated and the game cannot be controlled. Actually that's just a guess I can't really remember how the game was controlled but this is likely it.

My phone is Lumia 920.
AlexR

Post by AlexR »

How do you get the games on Lumia930? Starting ScummVM works but searching for a game don't bring me to file tree that could work with the Winphone Library. So what is the destination path to copy the game files?
koshman

Post by koshman »

It allows you to select game folders within the Android-emulated space on your phone (I assume in this sense L920 is no different from L930).
But first of course you have to copy the games there and for that you need to access to the whole filesystem in your phone. This can be done quite easily by creating a link to C: disk first on your computer and transferring it to your phone - it surprisingly works there as well and gives you access everywhere.
This is described in most guides on how to get apktow10M to run.

Let me know if you can't find one. I will try to find a link.