Gobliins 2 bug ?

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Kurutsu

Gobliins 2 bug ?

Post by Kurutsu »

Hi,
First of all, great job on this neat software :)
I started playing Gobliins 2 recently.
At the underwater level I touch the lantern with Winkle that makes Moral the Eel pop up. After this there is nothing I can do anymore. The bgm keeps playing but the characters don't move anymore.

I am using Scummvm version 1.7.0
Game version: CD 2.01 English
DrMcCoy
ScummVM Developer

Post by DrMcCoy »

Huh, there once was a similar bug: http://sourceforge.net/p/scummvm/bugs/2999/ , which was fixed at that point.

I can reproduce the bug begin there again in my CD version too, though. Damn.

Now, though, the reason seems to be different, because the case-insensitive compare is still in place, and it does find the correct track to sync against. In theory, at least.

It's waiting for the CD track to stop playing. It's only about a minute long, and if you wait that out, the voice lines will play. Still annoying, yes, but hopefully that workaround works for you.

For a proper fix, I will have to dive into the scripts and see what it actually does, trying to figure out why and how. And/or git bisect the ScummVM sources to see where it broke.

I'll look into this tomorrow, probably.
DrMcCoy
ScummVM Developer

Post by DrMcCoy »

Okay, I fixed that in commit 1fa01972297965dfd9a1e0c9b414f63df4e6b36d.

Please try the next daily build, and thanks for reporting! :)
Kurutsu

Post by Kurutsu »

Thanks DrMcCoy!
I will try it soon. Also, I found another but similar bug.
Once I had the parchment (SOS message) and I used it on the skull I had to wait a min again. I didn't try it on other items though.

Now, I am in the throne room where I push the button to open the door on the right side but I can't get Winkle inside. Is my timing just bad or could be a bug too ?
Sometimes the timing I have to combine both Goblins ' actions is tedious lol