Installing ScummVM Beta on iPhone

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's iPhone port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

NEXTstep

Installing ScummVM Beta on iPhone

Post by NEXTstep »

Does anyone know how to get the beta build of ScummVM working on the iPhone? I got the .app file, but have no idea what to do with it.
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Re: Installing ScummVM Beta on iPhone

Post by LordHoto »

NEXTstep wrote:Does anyone know how to get the beta build of ScummVM working on the iPhone? I got the .app file, but have no idea what to do with it.
You'll need to copy it to the /Applications folder on your iPhone and then restart it AFAIK.
NEXTstep

Post by NEXTstep »

I tried that and it did nothing.
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

NEXTstep wrote:I tried that and it did nothing.
Did you have ScummVM installed already? If so did you overwrite the old ScummVM.app directory in /Applications? If you did this when you start up ScummVM it still starts the old version?
bonewire

Post by bonewire »

You need to copy the new version over the old. Ssh into it via FileZilla for example and look inside the ScummVM.app folder. You will find a ScummVM and a ScummVM-iph5 file. Rename the ScummVM to ScummVM_save and the take away the -iph5 from the other file so it only says ScummVM. Then you need to make shure, that the permissions are correct. Do a right click on the ScummVM.app (the whole app containing everything) and choose "File properties" (last entrance don't know how it is called in english) Set all ticks so everything has read and write permissions. If you start ScummVM it should work now.
Make sure that you have the right version with the ScummVM-iph5 file inside. You can see it on your computer by looking inside the file (Mac). Right click on the file and choose "show package content" and look for the file.

hope I could help