Android 5.0 (in)compatibility?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

LazyGit

Post by LazyGit »

I also am having problems with ScummVM on Lollipop. I have a Shield Tablet LTE that is updated to 5.0.1.

The Play store version installs but crashes on startup. The dev builds I have tried to install do not install. Alogcat shows no errors.
cornholio

Post by cornholio »

I also can't use ScummVM anymore since i updated my Nexus 7 (2013) to Android 5.0 Lollipop.
The dev builds work, but i don't find any engine plugins to install - the plugins from stable build 1.7 don't work with 1.8dev builds.
Quester

Post by Quester »

cornholio wrote:I also can't use ScummVM anymore since i updated my Nexus 7 (2013) to Android 5.0 Lollipop.
The dev builds work, but i don't find any engine plugins to install - the plugins from stable build 1.7 don't work with 1.8dev builds.
Same issue here!
Strike

Post by Strike »

I could not solve the problem with offcial nightly builds, but I found this version, which works for me under Lollipop:

http://anddev.at.ua/load/scummvm_svn55436/1-1-0-7
fuzzie
ScummVM Developer

Post by fuzzie »

The plugin support in master was removed by a pull request, so builds using plugins ended up broken.

digitall has now modified the buildbot configuration so that it doesn't try using plugins, and our daily builds should work after the next build. I hope.
HappehLemons

Post by HappehLemons »

ScummVM is working for me on Android 5.0 on my nexus 9

I downloaded the stable arm build for android from here
http://buildbot.scummvm.org/builds.html

The first time it wasn't able to locate games even though I had installed the plugins, I re-installed and then it was able to locate games for some reason. So far all the games I have tested are working.

The Dev build and Google store builds did not work for me, but this did
DjDiabolik

Post by DjDiabolik »

Hey boys... i have also opened a bug tracker.... but someone i thinks can be tested:

I have installed the latest dev build on my CM12s on my OnePlus One......... before this i need to uninstall the previous version and all plugins and using the build apk for complete the installation but now i have this problems!

I have tryed to play Monkey Island 2 ITA on my CM12s and on Copy protection the virtual keyboards it's not working:
I can press Enter for spin down but when i put 99 99 for pass the copy protection nothing appened.. the games not accept any imput from virtual keyboards!

On my CM12s i'm using the Swiftkey keyboard (it's stocked) but i also tryed to change and tryed to set the Google Keyboard but i obtain the same result... every button i tap nothing works on copy protection!

In all other parts of scummvm it's works whitout problems....... i have also tryed on Monkey Island 1 VGA (Italian Version) and the SwiftKey virtual keyboard it's working perfectly for create a save point....

I have also tryed to HOLD DOWN the menù button but nothing append on MI2... if i close the virtual keyboard using back buttons it's not possibly to brick back...... fix please :)

This is the BUG Tracker:
https://sourceforge.net/p/scummvm/bugs/6852/