Rename Game

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

George Stobbart

Rename Game

Post by George Stobbart »

Good evening, I would like to know if you can change the name of the game in the menu of ScummVM. Is it possible?
For example, Broken Sword 1 and 2 are renamed as I like it, while others (Cd / English) I do not like and I would just leave the name of the game and not specified the language in brackets ...
Sorry for my English, I hope you understand.
Thank You

LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Re: Rename Game

Post by LordHoto »

George Stobbart wrote:Good evening, I would like to know if you can change the name of the game in the menu of ScummVM. Is it possible?
For example, Broken Sword 1 and 2 are renamed as I like it, while others (Cd / English) I do not like and I would just leave the name of the game and not specified the language in brackets ...
Sorry for my English, I hope you understand.
Thank You
Click on the game entry and click the "Edit Game..." button. In that menu you can rename the title shown in the ScummVM launcher.
George Stobbart

LordHoto wrote:Click on the game entry and click the "Edit Game..." button. In that menu you can rename the title shown in the ScummVM launcher.
Thanks for the reply.
I tried this but I can not change the title, when I click on "edit game" I get the screen that I put in but if I click on the name does not appear the keyboard ... how can I do?
Thank You

LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

George Stobbart wrote:
LordHoto wrote:Click on the game entry and click the "Edit Game..." button. In that menu you can rename the title shown in the ScummVM launcher.
Thanks for the reply.
I tried this but I can not change the title, when I click on "edit game" I get the screen that I put in but if I click on the name does not appear the keyboard ... how can I do?
Thank You
It is right there in the "Name" (or "Nome" for you) field. Just click on it, the keyboard should definitely pop up (make sure you click on the right field next to "Name"), and remove the part in the parenthesis.

If the keyboard does not show up, please report a bug on our bug tracker.
George Stobbart

Thanks again for your reply.
I clicked but do not see the keyboard.
I Android 4.4.2 Tablet Galaxy Tab 4.
I read in the forum (http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=13078) that there is an unofficial version of ScummVM and I downloaded it for curiosity. As you can see from the image I can bring in the keyboard:
[url = http: //postimage.org/index.php? lang = english] free image hosting [/ url]
But this version is not at all a good graphics, nothing to do with the official version.
I can solve my problem with the official version?
Thanks
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

George Stobbart wrote:Thanks again for your reply.
I clicked but do not see the keyboard.
I Android 4.4.2 Tablet Galaxy Tab 4.
I read in the forum (http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=13078) that there is an unofficial version of ScummVM and I downloaded it for curiosity. As you can see from the image I can bring in the keyboard:
But this version is not at all a good graphics, nothing to do with the official version.
I can solve my problem with the official version?
Thanks
You might just want to try bringing up the keyboard manually (there's a description of the controls over here).
George Stobbart

Do not I get the keyboard clicking 0.5 seconds ...
I surrender :(
George Stobbart

George Stobbart never surrendered.
After trying about 10 applications I found the one for me: WifiKeyboard.
With this application you are able to use Wifi in the keyboard of my PC and edit it with game titles in ScummVM. :)