CoMI voices are deactivated?

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Mersopolis

CoMI voices are deactivated?

Post by Mersopolis »

I have the 2-disk game of Monkey Island 3. I wanted to play it on a laptop, but the disc drive is broken. I was able to upload all the files from disc 1 onto ScummVM on my desktop computer and play just fine.
I uploaded the same files to the internet and downloaded them onto my laptop and went through the same process to add them to ScummVM.
Now, however, it seems as though voices are deactivated in the actual gameplay. The characters' mouths no longer move, and they are silent. I made sure to enable speech and subtitles in the settings, but can only hear music and sound effects. (I can still see subtitles)
I have not yet tried disc 2 as I have not had access to the desktop computer, recently. Is that all I need to get?

Ayudas, por favor?
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: CoMI voices are deactivated?

Post by eriktorbjorn »

The voices should be in files called voxdisk1.bun and voxdisk2.bun (for the first and second halves of the game respectively). I don't remember off-hand (and I can't check at the moment) what would happen if these files are damaged or missing, but it's possible that it could cause what you're seeing.
Mersopolis

Re: CoMI voices are deactivated?

Post by Mersopolis »

eriktorbjorn wrote:The voices should be in files called voxdisk1.bun and voxdisk2.bun (for the first and second halves of the game respectively). I don't remember off-hand (and I can't check at the moment) what would happen if these files are damaged or missing, but it's possible that it could cause what you're seeing.
My laptop's disc drive has mysteriously become un-broken, and I discovered that I was, in fact, missing those two files. I added them back in from the disc and will test it at my convenience.

Thank you for your help in this matter.