Zork Nemesis on Android

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

oldbill

Zork Nemesis on Android

Post by oldbill »

Been trying to run this on a daily build and getting the 'ScummVM could not find any game in the specified directory!' message.

I hope I followed the instructions. I used the GOG download to install on a Windows 8 laptop and then copied the whole game folder to my phone's sdcard. Tried to add the game with ScummVM after browsing into the game folder. This failed, so I then added the ttf folder and patch (not sure this is needed) as noted in the install instructions. Still no luck.

I'd be very grateful for any pointers/ideas.
digitall
ScummVM Developer

Post by digitall »

Did you try the latest daily build on your Windows laptop first? i.e. make sure this works fine there before you try on Android.
oldbill

Post by oldbill »

The game works perfectly with the daily build for Windows (64bit) on Windows 8.1. The same day's build for Android (ARM) with the same game folder doesn't work - on my mobile.
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

oldbill wrote:The game works perfectly with the daily build for Windows (64bit) on Windows 8.1. The same day's build for Android (ARM) with the same game folder doesn't work - on my mobile.
That's because, right now, the Android daily build does not include ZVision. It is missing the FreeType2 dependency which is (set as) required for ZVision. See also our buildbot Android configure log.
oldbill

Post by oldbill »

OK - thanks for that.