Bill Tiller's pirate adventure Duke Grabowski on Kickstarter

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

JenniBee

Bill Tiller's pirate adventure Duke Grabowski on Kickstarter

Post by JenniBee »

Bill Tiller, Gene Mocsy, and Jeremiah Grant have started a new Kickstarter for a point and click adventure game called Duke Grabowski, Mighty Swashbuckler!. Set in the Azurbbean, the alternate version of the Caribbean from Ghost Pirates of Vooju Island, Duke Grabowski stars a massive, brutish pirate who desperately wants to be a suave & sophisticated swashbuckler. It will be a small point and click adventure game that will consist of between ten to twelve rooms, or about a quarter of the size of A Vampyre Story. Should the Kickstarter be successful, his comedy adventure for PC, Mac, Linux, and Ouya has a projected release date of October 2015.

I really hope this succeeds, as the art looks gorgeous (as always), and Bill Tiller and Gene Mocsy have improved a lot in the design area since A Vampyre Story and Ghost Pirates. The Perils of Man: Chapter One has a design by Tiller and Mocsy (and strangely not art by Bill Tiller, which I was on the fence about when it was announced). It actually has one of the best adventure game designs in an adventure game I've played since the LucasArts classics. After playing Chapter One, The full Perils of Man game is one of my most anticipated adventures of this year. I really hope that it ends up coming out for PC, Mac, and Linux so that more people can get to play it. If this game has anything close to the design of Perils of Man, we're going to be in for a nice treat. :)
monkeymadness

Post by monkeymadness »

Looks like the game just got greenlit on Steam (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ve ... lick/posts), although I'm pretty sure that they are putting this on GOG as well. Looking forward to it.