Can't open virtual keyboard or click enter

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

superkapitan82

Can't open virtual keyboard or click enter

Post by superkapitan82 »

Hi, just installed latest port to my Kindle Fire and having a problems with Simon the sorcerer 1 and Discworld.

The problem is I can't launch on screen keyboard by holding the menu key, it always bring on the scummvm menu irrespective to the time I hold it.
Is there a way to bring it on any different way?

And in Simon the Sorcerer in postcard save menu keyboard appears automatically, but I don't have enter button on it, therefore cant create a save point.

Any guess how I can fix that?
fischkopf

Post by fischkopf »

You should check these unofficial scummvm-sdl builds: http://anddev.at.ua/load/scummvm_svn55436/1-1-0-7

These builds have several features (which you can all configure), which the official builds lack such as a button for the virtual keyboard: http://anddev.at.ua/load/scummvm_svn55436/1-1-0-7
There's an apk file there, which you can install on your device. But don't expect support for these builds here, since they're unofficial...
digitall
ScummVM Developer

Post by digitall »

Hmm... I tried the link there for the source code changes that luboymr has done and it is 404:Not Found. Annoying...
trgz

(posted on another thread)

Post by trgz »

I've an HTC Desire C and have been trying to get the save function working for games not fully integrated in ScummVM (TM!). I could press and hold the Home button to bring up the ScummVM menu but I was stumped at this point.
I've now got the Smart Status Bar app and the Hackers keyboard app this combination allows me to pull down the status bar and get at the Hackers keyboard (permanent notification needs to be set and you have to have it as your default keyboard), this then allow mes to press L or S (load/save or whatever) for games that don't have the save/load buttons enabled in ScummVM. If I find a better workaround I will post up.
(running 1.7.0)
digitall
ScummVM Developer

Post by digitall »

trgz: Please do not cross post; See forum rule #7:
http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=17
hafiztanzil

Fixing keyboard issue

Post by hafiztanzil »

Hi,I'm new to this forum and new to this app.Download the latest version from Google play then when your in a game suppose kings quest 5.Just hold the recent apps button for 1-2 second and virtual keyboard will pop up.You don't need to install unofficial build,yon can do this using the official build version.It has taken me some time to figure this out.

Hope it helps :)
Jdrive

Re: Fixing keyboard issue

Post by Jdrive »

hafiztanzil wrote:Hi,I'm new to this forum and new to this app.Download the latest version from Google play then when your in a game suppose kings quest 5.Just hold the recent apps button for 1-2 second and virtual keyboard will pop up.You don't need to install unofficial build,yon can do this using the official build version.It has taken me some time to figure this out.

Hope it helps :)
Using a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 here - recent apps button doesn't bring up the keyboard - a tap will bring up the app manager, holding it will go to the scummVM save/load/volume/return to launcher etc menu...

I used the unofficial build someone linked above - that seems to work as it has an on screen button for the keyboard.. have only played a few minutes of BASS so far though which I don't need a keyboard for lol.. so not sure yet how well it works.