ScummVM logo Forum Index - ScummVM website - Contact us - Buy Supported Games: GOG.com Rules - Search - Register - Login curved edge
Folder Forum Index > iPhone Port > ScummVM 1.7.0 Release Build Uploaded
ScummVM 1.7.0 Release Build Uploaded
  Author    Thread Reply to topic
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

ScummVM 1.7.0 Release Build Uploaded 

I just uploaded a release build of 1.7.0 for iPhone/iOS to our website. It is a .deb file which can easily be installed by using dpkg (which is included with Cydia) on a jailbroken iOS device. The build should work with all jailbroken iOS versions, there is no need to do anything manual to get it to run with modern iOS versions anymore.

Post Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:30 pm 
Dr_Woolf

Thanks, LordHoto, Smile
But 'dpkg -i scummvm-1.7.0-iphone.deb' doesn't work (dpkg is preloaded from Cydia), Sad

Post Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:44 am 
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

quote:
Originally posted by Dr_Woolf
Thanks, LordHoto, :)
But 'dpkg -i scummvm-1.7.0-iphone.deb' doesn't work (dpkg is preloaded from Cydia), :(

I was able to install it when I tried it on my iPhone. What does it say for you?
Post Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:47 pm 
Dr_Woolf

"cannot access archive: No such file or directory..."
on iphone 5s (iOS 7.1.2) + updated Cydia

Post Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:46 pm 
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

quote:
"cannot access archive: No such file or directory..."
on iphone 5s (iOS 7.1.2) + updated Cydia

Are you sure you point dpkg at the actual file location? That's an error what seems to indicate there's no "scummvm-1.7.0-iphone.deb" file in your current working directory. You will need to copy the file over to your iOS device and then point dpkg at it.
Post Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:53 pm 
Dr_Woolf

Shocked Oh, Hmm then Erm: No.
First I loaded 1.5.0 from Cydia, then 1.7.0 scummvm as you described, and it worked (if I don't load 1.5.0 from Cydia, a shorcut to scummvm does not appear on desktop).

A have request LordHoto: bluetooth keyboard doesn't work on landscape mode for years, Sad

Post Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:45 pm 
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

quote:
:shock: Oh, Hmm then Erm: No.
First I loaded 1.5.0 from Cydia, then 1.7.0 scummvm as you described, and it worked (if I don't load 1.5.0 from Cydia, a shorcut to scummvm does not appear on desktop).

Yes, you'll need to use Respring or reboot your phone to make it appear when you use dpkg manually. I think there's some
other CLI command to make it appear (i.e. make Spring refresh), but I forgot what it was...

quote:
A have request LordHoto: bluetooth keyboard doesn't work on landscape mode for years, :(

I don't have any bluetooth keyboard, so no idea about this one.
Post Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:02 pm 
Jabz

How do I get this as an IPA? So I can resign it to install on a non Jailbroken Iphone 6?

Post Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:34 pm 
SubElement

quote:
Originally posted by Jabz
How do I get this as an IPA? So I can resign it to install on a non Jailbroken Iphone 6?

I want nothing more than to get ScummVM on my iPhone 6. I'd compile it myself if there was a working xcode project. Sad
Post Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:29 am 
calium

Re: ScummVM 1.7.0 Release Build Uploaded 

quote:
Originally posted by LordHoto
I just uploaded a release build of 1.7.0 for iPhone/iOS to our website. It is a .deb file which can easily be installed by using dpkg (which is included with Cydia) on a jailbroken iOS device. The build should work with all jailbroken iOS versions, there is no need to do anything manual to get it to run with modern iOS versions anymore.

it is not working on my ipad air anymore since i use 8.1 with pangu. closes itself directly after start.

ScummVM_1.5.0.git still working as long as you set permissions of the whole app to 755
Post Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:38 am 
Ravippe

Better sound ios version 

i have been trying to figure this out for a few years, on and off. Is there a way to get some type of better sound out of scumm ios version 1.7.0? Like i want to play kinqs quest with midi, or roland 32, or anything better than adlib.

Basically is there anything i can do thats supported in ios version? Should i add a soundfount and what options do i click? Will it work for lets say sierra games like conquest of longbow or kings quest 5 or 6?

Another thing is why doesnt scumm ios support scalers? Like hq2x . I can run kq6 in dospad or idos with enhanced graphics but scumm has no option. The windows version has all the good stuff... Sad

Post Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:53 pm 
Reply to topic