Any news for a 1.6.0 version on iOS?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's iPhone port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

digitall
ScummVM Developer

Post by digitall »

+1 to lordhoto's comment. Sorry for being a bit unclear.
Urtoroth

Post by Urtoroth »

Oh, my apologies!

I have 1.5.0... I'll try to manage myself into this installations (I do not know exactly how to do it...). If any trouble should pop-up I'll come back later :)

Thanks a lot and sorry for the inconvenience.

U.
Urtoroth

Post by Urtoroth »

Done!

ScummVM installed and working... but still without games both on iPhone5S and iPad Air.

I'll check later for the game stuff.

Thx!
U.
Ostrich

Post by Ostrich »

Hi Guys,

First time poster, but long time ScummVM user (PC, Android).

I had same problem with Scummvm 1.5 (on ios 7.4, crash @ startup), installed through cydia. I am using a ipad mini retina.

I removed via cydia, and downloaded latest build. I packaged .app folder into zip (and renamed to ipa) and installed via iFunbox.

ScummVM now loads and I ran a game (BASS, everything worked fine) but the game profile didnt save in Scummvm (i.e. showed blank games list when i reopened), and I also cannot see any files (or folders) in the default private/var/mobile directory (even though the games are loaded there through iFile).

Just curious if anyone has come across this, and knows a fix for it?

I tried setting permissions to read/write/execute for the folder through iFile, but still doesnt appear in Scummvm.

Dospad appears to see the games without issue.

Ost.
Boris_T

Post by Boris_T »

LordHoto wrote: Well, I think it's simply that the port started to use native resolution in the GUI for Retina displays since Retina support. This means, since they have such a high resolution, that everything is pretty small on them. Maybe I'll just limit the overlay/GUI resolution for now...
LordHoto, when can you fix that tiny GUI and delay during switching the options in menu? Thank you.
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

Boris_T wrote:
LordHoto wrote: Well, I think it's simply that the port started to use native resolution in the GUI for Retina displays since Retina support. This means, since they have such a high resolution, that everything is pretty small on them. Maybe I'll just limit the overlay/GUI resolution for now...
LordHoto, when can you fix that tiny GUI and delay during switching the options in menu? Thank you.
I can reduce the resolution of the GUI again, yes. But it won't be included in 1.7.0. But it would be best to open a bug report about it so it won't be forgotten.
Boris_T

Post by Boris_T »

LordHoto wrote: I can reduce the resolution of the GUI again, yes. But it won't be included in 1.7.0. But it would be best to open a bug report about it so it won't be forgotten.
I made a bugreport in Ports section.
And yes, thank you again. ;)
Jabz

Post by Jabz »

Hi trying to install the build linked from this thread, onto my iPhone 6 Plus. (not jailbroken)

http://buildbot.scummvm.org/snapshots/m ... st.tar.bz2

I repackage the .app into a ipa, by creating a Payload folder and putting the .app into it and zipping and rename to .IPA

Then I use Airsign to sign it with my dev certificate. I get an error saying "Payload" folder doesn't exist.
I also tried ImodSign and it will say code signing forever and never finish

Can someone help me get it into a .IPA file please?
Jabz

Post by Jabz »

Ok managed to get it installed was something wrong with my flow.

However I am getting the same issue with Iphone 6 Plus retina. I thought this was fixed in this build?

The last screenshot, shows what happens, when I scroll the cursor to the far right, the menu starts to appear.. If I click Open, or Add game it appears to add a window to the far left which I cannot get to.

Landscape

Portrait

Landscape when choosing Options, or Add game etc..
Jabz

Post by Jabz »

So how can I get the latest build with Old menu layout please?
thanks