Crowdfunding campaign - Panchito Chepas

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Strangerke
ScummVM Developer

Crowdfunding campaign - Panchito Chepas

Post by Strangerke »

Because of our anti-spam rules, the user wasn't able to post it himself.
Hi there!!!

I write on behalf of Pinodrom Studios, a small company which has just launched a Crowdfunding campaign for a Point and Click game. The game has been inspired by all our most beloved games, those we play using ScummVM indeed ;D

Please, take a look at the campaign:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/panc ... /x/7934900

The game tells the story of Panchito Chepas, an seemingly innocent character who comes to a town full of thiefs, rogues and all kinds of criminals.

This town once was a thriving place where gold mines were full and its citizens used to spend it in decadent vices. Now, prosperity has gone but not corruption. Anyway, there is still some remaining gold hidden in their houses so you will have to steal everything as a good “point and click” game character.

It would be great if you could support this campaign (for 5 euros you will receive the full game when done) and share with your friends.

I hope you will find it interesting.

Pinodrom Studios
DrMcCoy
ScummVM Developer

Post by DrMcCoy »

Frankly, I think the spam filter was correct in blocking this.
PinodromStudios

Post by PinodromStudios »

Yeah, it was my message. We believe it is a good product to offer and that Scumm users would appreciate it.

DrMcCoy, if you don´t like it we would appreciate some constructive criticism so we improve the game.

Best regards!
DrMcCoy
ScummVM Developer

Post by DrMcCoy »

1) There's a reason new users can't post links. I would have no problem with a post advertising a crowdfunding campaign from an established member of the forums. But just registering (probably on 100 other forums too) to spout a link is bad form.

2) About improving your game. How about actually writing something technical about the game? Platforms, engine (self-build? AGS?), programming language, resolution, etc..

I think I can speak for more than just me when I say we're a technical bunch here, at least us ScummVM devs. And for me, multi-platform capabilities are also quite important. Yet I have no clue about any of the platforms your game is supposed to run. At all.

3) "We do not claim to be developing the best adventure ever". Yeah, I'm sorry, but it really does sound quite generic and bare-bones. I for one am not in the slightest intrigued.

4) IMHO, the character art comes dangerously close to offensive racial stereotypes at times. Especially the presumably Chinese person, and those big lips on the black guy.

I also don't get the feeling that there will be any women central to the plot. Right now it looks mostly like a sausage-fest, with one or two women thrown in as minor side characters.
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

DrMcCoy wrote:I also don't get the feeling that there will be any women central to the plot. Right now it looks mostly like a sausage-fest, with one or two women thrown in as minor side characters.
I guess that's why you love Hand of Fate. ;-)
DrMcCoy
ScummVM Developer

Post by DrMcCoy »

More than Kyra1 with its infuriating labyrinth...