Beneath a Steel Sky -Remastered-

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

CheeseMeister

Beneath a Steel Sky -Remastered-

Post by CheeseMeister »

I don't know if this has already been discussed but I just found out that Revolution released an iOS version of BaSS that has some new movie content by Dave Gibbons and remastered audio. I'm an Android girl through and through. Plus I love my Scummvm hub on my windows PC. I was just curious. Is there any plans to be able to support this content? Would it even be technically possible?

(I'm talking of course from the point of view that I could get a hold of a legitimate copy)
digitall
ScummVM Developer

Post by digitall »

AFAIK there are no plans to add support for BASS Remastered (released for iOS) to the ScummVM Sky engine currently:
http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Sky

Revolution Software kindly allowed access to the original DOS sources for this engine's development. As they have not offered any patches to add support for the Remastered version, it is not clear that they would be happy for ScummVM to support this version. It would be best for the team to approach them first and check this before any work is done on adding support for this version, especially since if they are happy for this to go ahead, they may provide the updated sources to aid in this.

From what I have seen of this new version, I suspect that the changes made are probably quite extensive and it may even be a completely different engine internally now, so *shrug*
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

digitall wrote:As they have not offered any patches to add support for the Remastered version, it is not clear that they would be happy for ScummVM to support this version.
Hard to patch an engine to run another engine. :wink: