Myst on Android?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

vaxjedi

Myst on Android?

Post by vaxjedi »

I see that latest builds of ScummVM on the PC can run Myst. Can the Android port run Myst? I've tried installing it and it says no game found - I'm wondering if it is not supported yet or I am just messing something up ;) Thanx!
elektrolott

Post by elektrolott »

Hi, I had the same problem.

I downloaded the build from the buildbot yesterday, but if I try to run Myst or Riven I only get an error message Game data not found.

And I did install the mohawk.apk.

I then downloaded the debian lenny build from the buildbot and verified it had the same problem on my Linux box. On the commandline however it revealed that it seems that the support for Myst and Riven is not compiled in. The about page on android also shows Myst and Riven in 'grey' which I assume means it is missing.

I then built the Linux version from source and configured myst and riven and I could load the games OK.

Can the build bot be configured to build a working Mohawk engine for Myst and Riven for the next builds?

Thanks!
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

We're currently preparing for a release, so the only builds the buildbot is showing are the 1.3.0pre builds. You can still find the latest 1.4.0git build here.
elektrolott

Post by elektrolott »

clone2727 wrote:We're currently preparing for a release, so the only builds the buildbot is showing are the 1.3.0pre builds. You can still find the latest 1.4.0git build here.
Thanks for the link. I installed it and it works :D
chuckflynn

Post by chuckflynn »

Hi .. I have spent a lot of time trying to get Myst working also. I tried to follow the link to get the 1.4.0git build that was mentioned above but it keeps saying that I am not authorized. Any help in getting this release would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

The old 1.4.0git test builds have been rotated out by the system automatically by now.. we are currently gearing up for the 1.3 release and hence are fully focused on that. Once it is out of the door, we will resume providing test builds of 1.4.0git. Until then, we'd appreciate if people could test the 1.3.0pre builds as much as possible, so that we get a good and solid 1.3.0 release :)
chuckflynn

Post by chuckflynn »

Thank you very much for your quick response.
Since I am only interested in Myst and Riven, if I check every day for a test build of 1.4.0git, will it have Myst and Riven enabled?
elektrolott

Post by elektrolott »

The Download latest development build link at http://buildbot.scummvm.org/builds.html still works for me and it contains files with todays date. I did not try to install the download, but I would assume it should work.
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

Just to clear this up: I re-enabled the daily development builds only yesterday. So two days ago, the link you are talking about did not exist :).
Philum

Mohawk Engine for Android

Post by Philum »

Where would I find the Mohawk (Living Books) engine for Android?

I see that the other engines are listed in the Market but not Mohawk. Is it not yet available?

Thank you.
spiderpc

Post by spiderpc »

Hi,

I downloaded latest development build from buildbot for Android ARM and I installed scummvm.apk and scummvm-engine-mohawk.apk.

I created a folder with required data files for Myst Masterpiece, I started scummvm, I added folder of data files but when I start the game I get the following error: "ERROR: PICTDecoder::decodeCompressedQuickTime(): Could not decode data! "

I am using a LG E975, Android 4.1.2.

Is there something I'm missing in order to run Myst on my LG?
digitall
ScummVM Developer

Post by digitall »

Oh damn. libjpeg is not present in the Android ARM build or is not being picked up, so Myst ME which uses JPEG in the PICT image files will fail with this error:
http://buildbot.scummvm.org/builders/ma ... logs/stdio

Will look at adding this missing library to the Android toolchains on the buildbot.
digitall
ScummVM Developer

Post by digitall »

@spiderpc: Fixed. This should be picked up in the next nightly development build. Could you confirm if this is working or not after testing with this? Thanks.
spiderpc

Post by spiderpc »

I took latest build, released on 26-May-2014 05:15, and error is not encountered anymore. Thanks for the quick fix. :wink: