Translate ScummVM in other languages

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

saulob

Post by saulob »

Perfect, thank you very much :)
Cousin Sven

Post by Cousin Sven »

Hi team

First of all I'd like to apologize for not getting the Swedish translation ready for the release of 1.4.0. I've been moving countries and without internet connection.

I'm working on getting the Swedish .po file, quickstart file and readme file completed ASAP, and I have a few questions about some of the new / updated strings in the latest .po file:
~D~rop Page: What does this refer to?
Move Forward and Move Back: Do these refer to movements of in-game characters or user actions (for instance moving the finger across a touchpad, or moving the mouse)
Slide Left and Slide Right: As above
Turn Left and Turn Right: As above
Insert save/load game disk: What prompts this message?
Move only: What does this refer to?

Any help would be appreciated.
criezy
ScummVM Developer

Post by criezy »

Cousin Sven wrote:~D~rop Page: What does this refer to?
This is used to drop a book page in the Myst game. From the cyanworlds website: "There are opportunities to pick up pages throughout the game. If you decide you want to drop a page you can touch this button. The page will return to where it was originally found."
Cousin Sven wrote:Move Forward and Move Back: Do these refer to movements of in-game characters or user actions (for instance moving the finger across a touchpad, or moving the mouse)
Slide Left and Slide Right: As above
Turn Left and Turn Right: As above
They are for Land of Lore and they refer to character movements I believe.
Cousin Sven wrote:Insert save/load game disk: What prompts this message?
This is a string from the SCUMM games. The engine takes care of the translation for SCUMM v3+ games so our translation is only used for Maniac Mansion and Zak McKracken. Since they are very old game I suspect it was used for computers that didn't have a hard drive when loading or saving games. This message probably never appears when using ScummVM.
Cousin Sven wrote:Move only: What does this refer to?
This is for the BADA port (for Samsung smartphones). I believe this is used to describe the action of moving the cursor without generating a click (on touchscreen).
Cousin Sven

Post by Cousin Sven »

Wicked, thanks Tierry.

The updated se_SE.po file has been added to the patch tracker (ID 3443449).
The Swedish translation of the Quickstart file has also been added (ID 3443455).

Translated README to follow next week.

EDIT: The Swedish translation of the Readme file has been added to the patch tracker (ID 3451861).

Cheers
EddyDrama

Post by EddyDrama »

Have there been any news on the Finnish translation? To me it seems that it has died out, does anyone know? I'm asking because I'd be intrested in trying some translating once I graduate in june.
criezy
ScummVM Developer

Post by criezy »

EddyDrama wrote:Have there been any news on the Finnish translation? To me it seems that it has died out, does anyone know? I'm asking because I'd be intrested in trying some translating once I graduate in june.
As far as I know nobody is working on one currently.
Cousin Sven

Post by Cousin Sven »

In the 1.6.0 PO-file, what do the following strings refer to?
Damp:
Sine
Fourth-order
Seventh-order
Toggle Center Data Display
criezy
ScummVM Developer

Post by criezy »

Cousin Sven wrote:In the 1.6.0 PO-file, what do the following strings refer to?
Damp:
Sine
Fourth-order
Seventh-order
Toggle Center Data Display
The first four are for the Fluidsynth options, a MIDI software synthesizer.
Damp here means reduce (e.g. as in to reduce the noise).
Sine, Fourth-order and Seventh-order are interpolation methods (think about the sine function and polynomials).

Toggle Center Data Display is for the game Pegasus Prime. If my memory serves me it toggles the display in the panel at the bottom of the sreen between inventory and the Biochip (the artificial intelligence that helps you in the game). If you want to see that in game, you can download a demo for Windows or Mac at http://thejourneymanproject.com/presto/journeymanprime/ (and since it uses ScummVM it probably also works on other systems with a nightly build).
Cousin Sven

Post by Cousin Sven »

Excellent. Thank you for responding so quickly.
jaapdaniels

Dutch translations (in dutch it's written: nederlands)

Post by jaapdaniels »

I can translate about everything from english to dutch, so if anyone give me instructions, i'll help translate the gui to dutch.
Fred_PJ

Post by Fred_PJ »

Hi there, is anyone still working on the Portuguese (Portugal) translation? Most people are not aware of it, but European Portuguese is pretty different from Brazilian Portuguese. I'm pretty good at English to Portuguese translations and I have some spare time, so I could do it really quickly, in a couple of days or so.
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

@Fred_PJ
@jaapdaniels

Take a look at the first post in this thread, all information needed to start is there
criezy
ScummVM Developer

Post by criezy »

Fred_PJ wrote:Hi there, is anyone still working on the Portuguese (Portugal) translation?
Somebody expressed interest in the past, but that was a long time ago and I have not heard back. So I would say the answer is no, nobody is working on one currently.
rofikcoga
Got 2 warnings

Post by rofikcoga »

Please Add Indonesia Translate
criezy
ScummVM Developer

Post by criezy »

rofikcoga wrote:Please Add Indonesia Translate
We can only do that if somebody volunteers to do this translation. So far that has not happened.