Testing with Nokia 9300i

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

brthtkr

Testing with Nokia 9300i

Post by brthtkr »

Just installed and tested latest ScummVM with my new Nokia 9300i (s80 communicator) phone.

I just wanted to say that I love it, and it seems to work nicely. I really love it! Then some comments (do not mind even though they are a bit on the negative side, I really do enjoy ScummVM a lot!):

- Really sucks that you are not able to use the "joypad" for moving the cursor (I think this came up on 9500 thread already, but I just wanted to point it out because it was really annoying)
- I had some problems with sound with some games. I got audio out from Monkey 1 & 2, but not music. With Sam and Max I got both music and audio. Maybe it was something with settings.
- The default key mappings really suck, and there is some problems with the key mapping interface, scrolling down the menu and selecting items didn't really work in the way I believe it is supposed to (you had to scroll down the menu, select the item (it selected the wrong item), scroll down more and try to select again and so on. Somewhat annoying. I also think that the Wiki or something should include information about the default key mappigs, I had to read through this forum to find information about how to even click on things (or maybe I am just blind).
- Some times when setting game setups or something, the screen changes to the phone's default menu, and you have to navigate your way back to the ScummVM application

Anyway, thanks a lot for your effort, and just to sum things up, ScummVM s80 port seems to work pretty well on Nokia 9300i, no major problems/errors!
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

1. S80 emu does n't have the extra "joystick" as I know. You can try to map the joystick in the keys options to navigation, then change keyboard input to cursor. Which could mean that you have navigation on the joystick and cursor on the cursor keys. So I guess that a default mapping to joystick would be nice, but not all S80 devices has that (not the 9300 at least). But I need to know what keycodes the joystick is emitting.

2. As for sound, I guess reading the general faq is a good thing. If you have monkey1 from the CD you have CD audio, and you need to encode the cd audio from the cd to mp3 and rename the tracks properly in order to hear it.
Stercus

Post by Stercus »

Joystick works, just map the stick directions under path in options.
Werre

Re: Testing with Nokia 9300i

Post by Werre »

As someone mentioned, stick works, just remap under Options.

More importantly: Does 'The Dig' work on 9300i? It didn't even start on 9300 with 0.8.0 scummvm port.
Opcod

Post by Opcod »

But again, on the 9500, the : Enter key, was not by default. i don't find how to select ( push enter) an item, because it's not a enter key, or maybe a alt, shift + ...
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

But what do you mean by an item? Hotkey action for take/put etc? Or selecting an "item" available on the screen? Mouse works by using cursor for mouse movement and screenkeys as mousebuttons (select I guess).
Opcod

Post by Opcod »

ohhhh yeah. it's work ! cool.
So yeah, you have to push for cursor mode, the last button and after, no problem, the push or enter key is the on upside this one, on right of the screen.

Thanks So now, i can map without problem. hehe