SCUMM Problem on Tablet

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

vicente92

SCUMM Problem on Tablet

Post by vicente92 »

I downloaded the version available today from scumm in Google Store from my tablet, along with the plugin to play the game "The Day of the Tentacle". I have no problem to download and install it, but when I start it I get the first image of the bar program load and full load when the application is turned off and leaves a message on the tablet: SCUMM The application has been disabled, org.scummvm.scummvm process problem.I mean, you can not start the scumm, although the installed. What could be the problem?

Sorry for my English, I'm Spanish
digitall
ScummVM Developer

Post by digitall »

Firstly, we have Spanish developers and Google Translate, so if you want to repeat your message in Spanish, this may help in future if you feel your English is not sufficient.

I am generally getting your meaning, but I don't think I am clear on your problem. I think you may be referring to this known issue:
http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=12699

ie. The loading bar appears, then the screen goes black or the bar appears very still... Just wait 30-40 seconds and the GUI should appear. We are not exactly sure of the cause, it may vary, but it is likely associated with loading of various assets at startup and the archive file listing functions within Android on some devices being painfully slow... though it could also be a GL issue similar to HTC_FAIL.
vicente92

Post by vicente92 »

I don´t think is the same problem. In my case, after completion of the loading bar, the application closes in 2 seconds aproximandamente, I have no problem with him to stay 50 seconds with black screen. Maybe someone has thought the same problem and is there a version for tablet android SCUMM modified for this case, it would be quite useful because I've never done a lot of programming and I have no idea.

But it must be a problem when performing any function in org.scummvm.scummvm, as well as informs. I saw in the code that there is a folder that is named in the file. Must be a fairly important when executing the content.

Scummvm with standard plug - tablet pc-adnroid 4.0.3
digitall
ScummVM Developer

Post by digitall »

AH... I think I might know what your problem is.

By PC-Android 4.0.3, you mean the tablet is an x86 tablet with Android 4.0.3 (Ice Cream Sandwich) ported to it.

If so, ScummVM will NOT work with this.

The Android port of ScummVM uses native code and is compiled to work on targets with ARM CPUs only ie. most mobile phones and tablets. It will not work on Android devices which use an
x86 or MIPS processor. This may change in future, but it is unlikely to happen soon.
vicente92

Post by vicente92 »

Now, the message is other, when scumm colses, the tablet informs that : the problem is in com.android.vending

I see errors in the code, sorry not put with image but not to be saved in the application aLogcat (this is where I think may be the problem in the long list of codes that are run from the beginning to the failure of the application, attachment not for the reason that I said to)

W / dalvikvm (27362): Exception Ljava / lang / UnsatisfiedLinkError; thrown while initializing Lorg / scummvm / scummvm / ScummVM;
D / AndroidRuntime (27362): Shutting down VM
W / dalvikm (27362): threadid = 1: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group = 0x2baa41f8)

E / AndroidRuntime (27362): at java.lang.Runtime.load (Runtime.java: 340)
E / AndroidRuntime (27362): at java.lang.System.load (System.java: 521)
E / AndroidRuntime (27362): at org.scummvm.scummvm.ScummVM. <clinit> (ScummVM.java: 449)
W / ActivityManager (888): Force finishing activity org.scummvm.scummvm /. ScummVMActivity

Any programmer knows to read it?
vicente92

Post by vicente92 »

Some errors that appear before mentioned, from the beginning to the failure of the application:

W / NetoworkManagementSocketTagger (888 (: setKernelCountSet (10024, 1) failed with errno -2

and ...

W / InputMethodMANAGERsERVICE (888): Starting input on non-focused client com.android.internal.view. IInputMethodClient $ Stub $ Proxy @ 2c1a37e8 (uid = 10050 pid = 27173)

and ....

W / Launcher.Workspace (5716): Failed to add to item at (1,3) to CellLayout
vicente92

Post by vicente92 »

digitall wrote:AH... I think I might know what your problem is.

By PC-Android 4.0.3, you mean the tablet is an x86 tablet with Android 4.0.3 (Ice Cream Sandwich) ported to it.

If so, ScummVM will NOT work with this.

The Android port of ScummVM uses native code and is compiled to work on targets with ARM CPUs only ie. most mobile phones and tablets. It will not work on Android devices which use an
x86 or MIPS processor. This may change in future, but it is unlikely to happen soon.
Perfect, i didn´t read the message before i wrote the codes jejeje excellent, at any rate, maybe it is usefull to do it happens soonner. Should inform the requeriment of processor as it only shows the android version supports. ScummVM have to improve a lot of in the world of tablets.
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

vicente92 wrote:ScummVM have to improve a lot of in the world of tablets.
You will need to be more specific... WHAT has to be improved?

In any case, all help is welcome, so feel free to help us ;)
digitall
ScummVM Developer

Post by digitall »

We now have experimental daily builds for Android x86 here:
http://buildbot.scummvm.org/builds.html

Feel free to test, though you may have issues as these are very experimental.