Ouya = Invalid GameSave

Discussion about other and unofficial ports of ScummVM

Moderator: ScummVM Team

enigmaxtreme

Ouya = Invalid GameSave

Post by enigmaxtreme »

I was playing Sam & Max on the Ouya, with the save path on my USB, after playing, saving and loading for a day or so and getting pretty far in the game, I started the game up again and got "Invalid SaveGame"
digitall
ScummVM Developer

Post by digitall »

enigmaxtreme: The normal response to this would be "Please file a bug on our bug tracker at http://sourceforge.net/p/scummvm/bugs/".

However, as the OUYA build is very experimental, based off minor changes to the Android build and has not been released, we don't really accept bugs on it in a formal manner, so will try to sort it here first.

What you describe shouldn't happen, but I suspect that it could happen to the autosave slot if the game was autosaving when Android decided to kill the ScummVM process for some reason.

Can you confirm that you are referring to the autosave i.e. slot 0?

I would suggest that revert to an earlier manual save and don't rely on the autosave as it is only really designed to catch you if you fail to manually save.

If you are not referring to an autosave, can you place both the "bad" / corrupt savegame and the closest "good" savegame in your game progress somewhere online where I can get them to look at? ie. Dropbox public share or similar.