Support for new Music Card (DSP based)

Discussion about other and unofficial ports of ScummVM

Moderator: ScummVM Team

NovaCoder

Support for new Music Card (DSP based)

Post by NovaCoder »

Hiya,

This is a bit of a strange request but anyway...

I want to add support for a new (proprietary) music card to ScummVM. What I need to do is grab the OGG/FLAC music data from memory and pipe it to the music card (eg I don't want it mixed internally by ScummVM with the SFX data).

I will then pass the SFX data from ScummVM into the music card for mixing externally.

Does anyone know whereabouts in the code I should be looking to get at the compressed music data directly?

eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

The MP3/FLAC/etc decoders all live in the audio/decoders folder, but since they're all expected to implement a "decode N samples into this buffer" method, perhaps it's already too late at this point?

If you just want to cover the case where ScummVM uses compressed files to simulate audio CD tracks (so it already shouldn't make any assumptions of going through the ScummVM mixer), I suppose it would be possible to add another backend to backends/audiocd.
NovaCoder

Post by NovaCoder »

OK thanks, I'll have to see if the music card supports the preferred approach (which will basically mimic what the OGG/FLAC libraries do).

Otherwise I'll check out the audiocd stuff.

:D