Little Ark Interactive & GT Interactive

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

HumongoRad

Little Ark Interactive & GT Interactive

Post by HumongoRad »

I wonder if ScummVM would support these following 5 games in future.
(2 from Little Ark Interactive (short-lived Living Books spinoff))

Daniel in the Lion's Den & The Story of Creation.

(3 from GT Interactive)

Just Me & my Dad, Just Me & my Mom, and The Smelly Mystery.
fuzzie
ScummVM Developer

Re: Little Ark Interactive & GT Interactive

Post by fuzzie »

HumongoRad wrote:(2 from Little Ark Interactive (short-lived Living Books spinoff))

Daniel in the Lion's Den & The Story of Creation.
If they're LB games, then yes. I have yet to buy a copy of these myself, so I haven't tested them. If you own copies, and you can find an LB config file (book.ini or outline.ini or Book Outline or similar), make a bug and attach the config file, and we can try adding support in a daily build and see if it works.
(3 from GT Interactive)

Just Me & my Dad, Just Me & my Mom, and The Smelly Mystery.
Nope :)
GeorgeQGreg

Post by GeorgeQGreg »

The Little Ark games do run in Mohawk by the way.
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

GeorgeQGreg wrote:The Little Ark games do run in Mohawk by the way.
Have detection entries? :wink:
GeorgeQGreg

Post by GeorgeQGreg »

Ahh... no. Not yet at least, sorry. But I do know for a fact they are. If there's further info, it will probably involve me submitting the MD5s to the bugtracker.
monkeymadness

Post by monkeymadness »

I own both Just me and my Dad and Just me and my Mom games. They were developed by Big Tuna New Media and not Living Books. It is confusing because Just Grandma and Me was by living books and is supported. All of these books are by Mercer Mayer, creating some of the confusion. I'm not a programmer so I have no idea what engine they would run on (they have imp files?). I assume that it is one that is not supported at all (I've tried to see if the games would run, assuming they were "living books" but they weren't recognized). On the other hand I have tried another game, the Cat in the Hat. This game is a living books game, but seems to be running off the Mohawk engine. On one of the daily builds the game would start, but broke on page 9 or so. Just me and my Dad and Just me and my Mom seem like they could be quite the undertaking, but if there is some interest in working on any of these just let me know.