ScummVM logo Forum Index - ScummVM website - Contact us - Buy Supported Games: GOG.com Rules - Search - Register - Login curved edge
Folder Forum Index > Wii Port > How to quit ScummVM?
How to quit ScummVM?
  Author    Thread Reply to topic
hello_world.c

How to quit ScummVM? 

I use ScummVM to play Toonstruck and it works well, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to quit the game and return to homebrew channel or dash. There is no menu option for it, pop-up keyboard has no effect, USB keyboard which works in the main menu doesn't work in the game either to bring up the game's menu. When I am in the game's title screen, which has a quit function, when I use it ScummVM just hangs so I wouldn't expect real keyboard support in the game to help anyway.

Even the Wii remote's power button doesn't work, hitting it once hangs ScummVM, the second time there is a hard crash. So right now a soon as I start ScummVM I already have to mentally prepare to get up from my couch to turn the Wii off by long power button push eventually. This sucks! Laughing

I've tried all versions from 1.3-1.7 and it's the same everywhere. Is there anything I've missed?

Post Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:51 pm 
clone2727
Retired

Did you try hitting the home button?

Post Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:14 am 
digitall
ScummVM Developer

Currently not in the same country as my Wii... but IIRC, you should be able to use the Pop Up Keyboard on screen to press CTRL-F5 / ALT-F5 to bring up the return to launcher menu.. or as clone2727 said use the Home button to exit ScummVM/HBC.

Post Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:42 pm 
Reply to topic