A couple Questions or Suggestions about the future of DSi ?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Bowen747x

A couple Questions or Suggestions about the future of DSi ?

Post by Bowen747x »

It seems to me the scene is either "Slowing down" or evolving. Newer handhelds are on the horizon (besides just PSVite) and I believe nintendo will continue releasing new handhelds. So my first question is; will ScummVM continue to progress/update within the DSi scene as the 3DS becomes more popular for homebrew??

I used to own a DSLite and now I have the DSiXL so, I really miss the GBA Slot-2 that is such a big loss considering my SupercardDSTwo runs GoldenSun2 a bit choppy. Anyway will we ever see support for the SupercardDSTwo to run Full Throttle without Slot-2 as the SCDS2 has extra RAM built in?? I have asked this same question earlier this year and was told it was being looked into, is DSi no longer popular?? is it too late?

And my last question is a big big suggestion that I know nobody but me cares about :( ive posted this before but I would seriously pay/donate if somebody could add a feature for me. I would like to see a "auto-scroll" function added for when zooming in on the touch screen. It is currently possible to designate both the top and bottom screens to a "specific aspect ratio" but in my personal prefrence I think it looks best (and is easier on the eyes) to have the top screen "fit" and the bottom screen zoomed in.

I know its confusing but i have posted these questions all before, if anybody could look into this PLEASE i think it would be a great "cosmetic" touch up, i think its cooler to be zoomed in where my hand is, and look up to the full pic... if you dont know what i mean please click here http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=6050 just to clarify there is already a "auto-scroll" function that works great to "focus" in on the action of the character that is talking on the screen. But when zoomed in on the touch screen in order to manually scroll you hold L and use the d-pad. Cant it be press up on the d-pad to enter "scroll mode" and touch the screen wouldnt be "clicking"??

At least set L to toggle instead of needing to be held down

thanks for reading :)
Garcimak

Post by Garcimak »

Ditto on all that, a DSI compatible build would be much appreciated,
we'll just have to grin and bear it since there is no sign of Agentq for a long time.
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

Hey guys,

I'm not dead!

I haven't really done a whole lot of anything with ScummVM for a good few months now. I had a version of 1.3.0 which was ready for release except for my final round of testing which I aways do. I was working on it the day before getting married! There wasn't anything new from my side in there, but it would have meant I had kept pace with the changes from the other ports.

I also contacted the makers of the CycloDS iEvo who kindly sent me one, and I intend to look into the probems with that device and the sound glitching.

But so far I haven't had the time to do any of it. I think the problem is that my life just gets more and more busy each month, never less.

Still, one day I do hope to look at all these issues.

Thanks everyone for waiting!
Garcimak

Post by Garcimak »

Glad to hear that and congratulations, enjoy it :!:

Thanks a lot for your time and all the updates,
Looking forward to future dev...
gerryreid
Spammer

Post by gerryreid »

Hopefully in the near future some of the development team will work on it, but thanks anyway.
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

Hi,

I'm the maintainer of Scummvm on the DS.

Actually, I did manage to find some time to work on Scummvm and solved many of the bugs with DSi touch screen and CycloDS compatibility.

I've also created a version for the DSi which runs Full Throttle and The Dig without a RAM pack. the performance is improved for all games too.

I was nearly done when a whole lot of 'real life' stuff distracted me again, but hopeful I'll get the chance to stick a download up on here so you can try it out over the next few weeks.

Cheers,

Neil (agentq)
another world

Post by another world »

Hi AgentQ,
I was wondering what became of the DSi-mode build? Over the past few months, have you found the time to continue work on the project?

Regards,
-Another World
Bowen747x

Post by Bowen747x »

I would love to see the update if possible :) full throttle would be nice to have on my DSi again and also u say u fixed the touch screen issues? :O :shock:
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

In case you're interested, I've put up some test builds with DSi support here:
http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=13485