Fate of atlantis crashes ipad to homescreen? ios7.0.4

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's iPhone port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

rootz

Fate of atlantis crashes ipad to homescreen? ios7.0.4

Post by rootz »

Hi

Yesterday 29.12 I downloaded and installed the latest development build of ScummVM to my Ipad Air on ios 7.0.4 JB. Everything works fine except Indy Fate of Atlantis.
When I try to launch Fate of Atlantis, ScummVM crashes to iPad home screen.

I'm using these exact same Fate of Atlantis files on my iPad3 (ios 5.1.1 JB) and they work fine on ScummVm 1.5.0 version.

What is weird is that the problem only affects Fate of Atlantis.

I have these games working on my Ipad Air, latest scummvm dev build:
- DOTT
- Indy Last Crusade
- Sam & Max Hit the road
- The Dig

Does anyone have any ideas what might be wrong?
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

The only thing I can think of off-hand is that the Macintosh version of Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis now uses the custom instruments for the music. This means the game now requires an additional file to work. See the data files page for details.

But I imagine the DOS version is a lot more common, so this explanation strikes me as a bit far-fetched.
rootz

Post by rootz »

Hi

I'm using the DOS version. So at the moment is it impossible to get the DOS version work?
I don't own the Mac-version of the game and thus can't use it.

I didn't find any additional files from the link you mentioned?
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

rootz wrote: I'm using the DOS version. So at the moment is it impossible to get the DOS version work?
I don't own the Mac-version of the game and thus can't use it.
The DOS version (English CD) works for me, though I only run the desktop version of Linux. I have no idea why it would be different on the iPhone.
rootz wrote: I didn't find any additional files from the link you mentioned?
That file is only needed for the Macintosh version of the game, and the page explains how to extract it from the original CD (or floppies, I guess). The DOS version shouldn't need any files that weren't also needed in older versions of ScummVM.
rootz

Post by rootz »

I got it to work!

It's really weird: the original CD-ROM version doesn't seem to work on iPad Air.

So I took all files from the Steam version of the game.
However Steam version is missing ATLANTIS.000 file so I took that from the CD-ROM version, uploaded these to my Ipad (and set permissions to user: mobile on iFile) and now it works!
pathfinder

Post by pathfinder »

Hey, how did you got scummvm to work on an ipad air?
i have 7.0.4 with jb too, but everytime i try to start scummvm it closes itself after 1 sec.

//edit: nevermind, i got it now.
sofakng

Post by sofakng »

I'm having the same problem (immediately crashes after opening).

You mentioned using a development build so I'm going to have to check that out. Is that what fixes it?

EDIT: How do you install the development build? I've downloaded it and found Scummvm.app. Do I just overwrite my Scummvm.app folder that was installed from the official repo (through Cydia) ?
digitall
ScummVM Developer

Post by digitall »

sofakng: Please read this thread onwards from my previous message on this for IOS 6.0+:
http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?p=75734#75734

A similar reiteration of the current (temporary) solution:
http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?p=77198#77198
JimRocket

Post by JimRocket »

I have a problem with Zak Mckracken FM-Towns Version, after i started the game, i see the Lucasfilm Logo and after this screen Zak is sleeping in his bed, now beginns normally music, but it´s crashing to Homescreen.

I tested it with scummvm latest stable Build (1.6.0) and latest developed build (1.7.0). Both it is the same crash with iPhone 5c 7.0.4 jb and with iPad mini 2(Retina) 7.0.4jb .

On iPad 3 6.1.1 jb with the same Scummvm versions and same game data it's working very fine.

Have you any idea?