Transfering Save Files from Laptop to Tablet (Full Throttle)

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

BuGambit

Transfering Save Files from Laptop to Tablet (Full Throttle)

Post by BuGambit »

Due to limited availability I've been playing across systems - my macbook pro and my android tablet. In the past (when I played Sam & Max) I would just find my save file and email it to myself and then save it on my tablet and pick it up right where I left off. No problems.

Now I'm playing full throttle, but when I attempt to load my saved games it shows up in the Load Menu as 'Invalid Verion'.

Does anyone have an idea why this would happen?
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

Looks like you got an older version of ScummVM on your tablet than the one you got on your Mac. Try getting the latest version for your tablet. You will need to download and install the latest Android version from our downloads page - the market version is outdated at the moment
BuGambit

Post by BuGambit »

Thanks MD5. How do I get the latest android package download? On the downloads page the link for Android takes me to the Google play page, where it says that I have that version of ScummVm already installed.

Appreciate the help.
criezy
ScummVM Developer

Post by criezy »

The link is at the bottom of the download page in the Daily build section. It points to the Buildbot builds. You probably want the latest stable build on that page as the latest development build may be unstable.
BuGambit

Post by BuGambit »

Awesome, thanks guys. I'll give it a try tonight and let you know how it goes.

By the way, thanks to all of you developers who work on ScummVm.
BuGambit

Post by BuGambit »

I'm really sorry to be a bother - I downloaded the latest stable android release, unzipped the file and copied the whole directory onto my tablet.

Then I used both Astro File Manager and ES File Pro to locate the apk files. I click on them and am prompted with the permissions, I click to install and then the next screen just reads ScummVM X App Not installed. I get the same error when trying to install any of the plugins as well.

My settings are configured to allow for installation of apps from "unknown sources". Any help is appreciated.
digitall
ScummVM Developer

Post by digitall »

By latest Android Stable Release, I assume you mean from here?
http://buildbot.scummvm.org/snapshots/s ... latest.zip

Also, to install any buildbot build, you need to uninstall all the Google Play/Marketplace ScummVM and plugins first, or the install will fail. Sorry that Android's APK installer error messages are so unhelpful... SIGH.
BuGambit

Post by BuGambit »

Yup, that's what/where I downloaded it.

Thanks for the info about having to uninstall everything first. I'll definitely do that if I run into the issue again - it was a slow day at work on Friday so I just beat/completed Full Throttle on my laptop.