ScummVM 0.8.2 & 0.7.1 on iPAQ rx1950 (WM5)

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PocketPC/HandheldPC port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

AndyM

ScummVM 0.8.2 & 0.7.1 on iPAQ rx1950 (WM5)

Post by AndyM »

Hi all,

Yesterday I was testing ScummVM version 0.8.2 and older version 0.7.1 on
*** iPAQ rx1950 Pocket PC *** :D
Unfortunately, none of these versions work as it should on this (cursed? :twisted:) device.

as for 0.8.2:
The results are the same as for version 0.8.0 as Beelzebubi had written in http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=760
That means, after launching ScummVM and clicking anywhere in the windowed area of the program (for example to access options/ to add game), it disappears (hides) behind the screen from which it was launched. Well some small parts of the its screen may be visible on the borders but the greater part is covered. Moreover, top bar of the standard windows interface is inaccessible after launching the program.

as for 0.7.1 (HandheldPC ARM version)
Well it seems that the program work (I’ve tested it on Monkey Island and Zak) but there are two major annoyances.
First, every time after exiting it and launching it again it doesn’t run. Instead it tells that there is some garbage in the config on line (xxx)… To make it run again I need to delete the config AND soft-restart the device. Then after exiting it the whole thing happens again.
Second, it appears that it messes in the registry quite a bit, because after its first launching and quitting, it makes the „connecton/sync icon” on the top bar partially visible and the clock and sound icons totally invisible (I mean standard WM5 icons, I have no 3rd party clock/battery gauges installed). Soft-resetting the device didn’t solve the problem. My only sane option was to recover from the last backup file (which among other things restores windows registry and other system files).

Are there any fixes planned in future versions of ScummVM that will solve the issues on iPAQ rx1950?

Regards,
AndyM
knakos
ScummVM Porter

Post by knakos »

With respect to 0.8.2: Later on in the thread you mention, there's a link to a version which works ok on you cursed device :) (duplicated here for your convenience: http://users.uoa.gr/~knakos/scummvm_PPC ... _12_04.zip. (OK actually it's 0.8.0 but IIRC the current 0.8.2 for wince2002 is built with the same support that 0.8.0 has, so should work properly as well).
AndyM

Post by AndyM »

Thanks Knakos, I've tested it a bit today and this version works!! :D