Drascula... save?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's iPhone port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

DNKROZ

Drascula... save?

Post by DNKROZ »

Hi there.

I've trying to run the game "Drascula", first I extracted the files from PACKET.001 (I have the Spanish CD version) as stated in the wiki
Drascula: The Vampire Strikes Back

DOS CD**

* *.ALD
* *.ALG
* *.ALS
* *.BIN
* *.CAL
Ripped my CD audio tracks to ogg and starting with 1 used the names track1.ogg till finish

However this didn't seem to work and looking at the executable I found that the wiki is wrong, I needed PACKET.001, so I copied it to the game dir (also drascula.dat) and it worked just fine.

However, I've noticed that there are some settings I can't use since iPod doesn't have a full keyboard, some of them are quite irrelevant (sound controls) but you can only save the game using F10 (key from F1 to F8 are shortcuts to different options - move, look, etc - and F9 is the sound control) and can't find a way to trigger that one (doing the "scummvm menu" gesture doesn't work, it does nothing).

Also I've noticed some minor lockups, and control issues specialy with right-click (only to give more info about the game, since it seems difficult to find and I have it ;))

So, any hint about saving or isn't it possible right now?

See ya.

EDIT: SOLVED

As stated in the wiki, using the keys under de numbers can trigger de F keys, however it's diffcult to do this, to help you can press the key under de 1 (for example) and press the one under the 0 quickly. Try it several times, eventualy you'll get it.
Neowarex

Post by Neowarex »

Hi,

To save on the iphone i put the game in portrait mode then clicked on the " sign below the number 0 then managed to save (after typing pressed RETURN instead of the SAVE button).

I hope this will help others!