eloaders, scummVM 333Mhz and firmware 2.6

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PSP (PlayStation Portable) port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

SaarSushi

eloaders, scummVM 333Mhz and firmware 2.6

Post by SaarSushi »

I'm knew to the PSP homebrew scene and to the scummVM PSP in particular even though I played scumm games on my PC. I bought the PSP so I can play it on the road and it seems like it's not the end of the story...

As I gather, Firmware 2.6 shouldn't be downgraded for security reasons and because you wouldn't be able to play new PSP games.

Now, can the scummVM 333Mhz version (is that the 0.8.2 version?) be played on the 2.6 FW?

I actually don't know what an eloader is so maybe a quick explaination and which is the best?

I've bought the GTA UMD so that's not a problem.

Is the hack scene progressing for a 2.6 FW hack to play PSP games on the console? (yeah, it's not a scumm question but still).

Thank you.
MegaJim

Post by MegaJim »

Hey,

FW 2.6 can't be downgraded. If you hear different it is a LIE! Don't try it - unless you want a nice black brick.

An Eloader is a kind of hack that allows unsigned EBOOT.PBP files (A.K.A. Homebrew) to be executed on the PSP. For FWs 2.01 - 2.6 visit www.fanjita.org for more information.

Today I have tried the two 0.8.2 ScummVM versions (222/333Mhz) on fanjita's GTA 0.97 Bock release but can only report the 222Mhz version to be working - although Bock is not on auto load so perhaps this makes a difference.

Fanjita states on his site that finding a way to play PSP games through his Eloader is on the list ... but right at the bottom of that list. Dont expect it next week or even next year.

I just would also like to say a MASSIVE THANKYOU to the developers of ScummVM and especially for bringing it to PSP!

New underwear definitely required. :lol:
db92

Post by db92 »

MegaJim wrote: FW 2.6 can't be downgraded. If you hear different it is a LIE! Don't try it - unless you want a nice black brick.
if we could brick psps we could also downgrade psps.... :S