Dropsy: A Surreal Exploration Based Adventure Game

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

TRoss

Dropsy: A Surreal Exploration Based Adventure Game

Post by TRoss »

Hi everyone,

I'm a longtime lurker and finaly decided to post something. :) I recently backed a Kickstarter project to fund an adventure point-and-click game named Dropsy by Jay Tholen. Though its roots are in the point-and-click games of old, Dropsy will be an almost entirely text-free experience. There are colorful characters to communicate with, but the dialogue is handled visually (via icons) rather than linguistically. Oh, and the music is absolutely brilliant. Jay Tholen borrows from almost every relevant genre of the past 70 years, so the music evokes memories of an old Soundblaster card or FM Synthesizer, fuzzed out guitars, organs, tape echo, 70's drum machines, vintage keyboards...

I posted this because I thought some of you would find it interesting. I certainly did. :)
Here's a link to the Kickstarter page:

:arrow: Dropsy: A Surreal Exploration Based Adventure Game - Kickstarter Page

Cheers,
Tom

TRoss

Post by TRoss »

New Dropsy teaser video! Great! :P

:arrow: http://youtu.be/pOmeOjj3uoM
scoriae

Post by scoriae »

thanks for the info on this.
TRoss

Post by TRoss »

TRoss

Post by TRoss »

Dropsy: Traditional Adventure + Open World?
Jay Tholen, the creator of Dropsy, explains how introducing an open world into an adventure game changes the puzzle design.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yQC8SG7mQk

→ Dropsy: A Surreal Exploration Based Adventure Game - Kickstarter Page