ScummVM logo Forum Index - ScummVM website - Contact us - Buy Supported Games: GOG.com Rules - Search - Register - Login curved edge
Folder Forum Index > PSP Port > 2.6 with eloader 0.96 wont work
2.6 with eloader 0.96 wont work
  Author    Thread Reply to topic
phish

2.6 with eloader 0.96 wont work 

I'm running firmware 2.6 (a stupid mistake i still regret), i've got the latest psp scummvm and i'm trying to run monkey island one and two. I've got e-loader 0.96 and GTA:LCS.

However every time i run ScummVm through e-loader i just get a black screen and then the psp turns itself off. This happens every single time regardless of which version of the ScummVm Eboot i use. It's doing my head in and any help would be much appreciated.

Post Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:35 am 
Jimbob

One quick question comes to mind, can you run other homebrew software using this bootloader and firmware 2.6? I don't have a PSP so I won't be able to help at all.

Post Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:53 am 
phish

I haven't tried to be perfectly honest. I'm only interested in getting ScummVm working.

Post Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:38 pm 
Jimbob

Well it may be that no homebrew is working on your PSP, hence no ScummVM. I noticed that version 0.97 of the Loader has been released as well, codename Boch or something .... you may want to try with that.

Post Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:56 pm 
phish

Nope it doesn't work with 0.97 either. I'm thoroughly confused as everyone else reports no problems with running the latest ScummVm on 2.0 and above using GTA:LCS. Sad

Post Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:39 pm 
tbrown

I have no problems with Scummvm 0.8.2 running on a 2.6 with 0.96 e-loader. However, the first version I tried was the special 333 mhz version, which doesn't work on my psp, but the standard version does.

Post Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:51 pm 
MegaJim

quote:
Originally posted by phish
Nope it doesn't work with 0.97 either. I'm thoroughly confused as everyone else reports no problems with running the latest ScummVm on 2.0 and above using GTA:LCS. Sad

Some things i would suggest :

Get latest eloader 0.97 and latest scummvm (222mhz seems to be more stable) 0.8.2

When installing, use the eboot designed for 1.0 FW psps (in a folder called single eboot in the scummvm release)

fanjita's Eloader sometimes won't let Eboots execute unless they are under a specified path, for scummvm i have found this is : PSP\GAMES\scummvm-psp\EBOOT.PBP

When loading fanjita's eloader i find it much more reliable if you use a save game of LCS from the very beginning of the game. Just start a new game and at first opportunity make a new save, always load this save before loading fanjita's eloader.

Final step i would suggest is confirm the data files for the game you are trying to run work correctly - i.e. get the windows (if you use windows) release of scummvm and load up the game in that to confirm it works correctly.

Good luck.
Post Sat Apr 08, 2006 9:58 am 
Reply to topic