Old GUI style?

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

MK666

Old GUI style?

Post by MK666 »

Believe it or not, but I really like the way the old GUI looked like (esp. in plain 2x), as it had that special retro feeling... :wink:

Is there a way to make the GUI look like before (e.g. in 0.7.1)?

I already tried the "--force-1x-overlay" switch, but it still doesn't look like before, more as if a scaler had been applied.
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

No there is no such option (and don't bother to ask for one, we won't do it :-)
MK666

Post by MK666 »

Never mind.

Strange though, as the GUI still doesn't really look good now it has been reworked, and now even the retro feeling is gone. Also, the ingame menus looked and felt (font etc.) pretty much the same as in the original games before, which is gone now, too.

But hey, "newer" always means "better"... well, not really.

Never mind, it's not that important, thanks for your reply anyway :)
Dark-Star

Post by Dark-Star »

IIRC the GUI will be reworked again anyway, I remember seeing a mockup screenshot postet on IRC once. It'll look a bit like this forum, with the new Logo and stuff.

Oh, and talking about the new logo, how's the website redesign progressing? :wink:
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

Dark-Star wrote:IIRC the GUI will be reworked again anyway, I remember seeing a mockup screenshot postet on IRC once. It'll look a bit like this forum, with the new Logo and stuff.
Nah, you're wrong. It'll look like our new website ;). An this forum will be adjusted to that too, though it looks pretty close to it now.
Dark-Star wrote: Oh, and talking about the new logo, how's the website redesign progressing? :wink:
Sooner that you may imagine :D

Eugene
Florob

Post by Florob »

sev wrote: Sooner that you may imagine :D

Eugene
I personaly imagined yesterday, so you're wrong :wink: