where to save games/ how to open

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Netti08

where to save games/ how to open

Post by Netti08 »

I have searched until I'm blue in the face. For the past two days I've been trying to download all the scummvm stuff and Discworld games to my Nexus 7. Finally got it. But now I don't know where I'm supposed to save the Discworld files so I can access them on the tablet. I've searched all the files under "Add Game" and can't find it. Where am I supposed to save it? Was I supposed to download something else too? I also have the Discworld plug in. I'm at my wits end and have reached a point of obsession so if anyone could help me I'd really appreciate it.
Last edited by Netti08 on Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Netti08

Post by Netti08 »

Okay, I found the games. I just can't open them. When I click on them it says no game could be found in the specified directory.
digitall
ScummVM Developer

Post by digitall »

The Android QuickStart guide can be found here:
http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Android/Guide

Which version of ScummVM are you trying to install? I think the Marketplace version is still v1.5.0, which is outdated... though should still work with Discworld.

I would suggest that you uninstall all ScummVM applications and plugins and start again.

You will need to download and install the main ScummVM application and the ScummVM-Tinsel engine plugin (as this is the required engine for Discworld). You should then be able to run this and add the game successfully. If not, you could try installing the latest daily build:
http://buildbot.scummvm.org/builds.html

This will require uninstalling your current version, and then using a file manager such as GhostCommander and enabling third party apks in the settings while you do the install.

However, the most likely issue here is that your datafiles are either some obscure variants or have been corrupted. I would suggest copying them from the original floppy/CD media again.
Netti08

Post by Netti08 »

I finally got discworld to work but am still having issues with discworld 2. Also, I don't have the CDs. I downloaded the games from classicgamingpresents.com. Thanks for the advice.
digitall
ScummVM Developer

Post by digitall »

I'm not sure that site is legitimate... They may need payment, but they appear to lack any indication of the company behind them and their site appears very flakey.

Apart from the legal issues with this, alot of these kind of companies sell broken or corrupted game versions which cause us major support headaches.
Netti08

Post by Netti08 »

I bought the games a few years ago. They work just fine on my computer. They've since redone their website and now don't recognize that I even bought the games.
Netti08

Post by Netti08 »

These are all the files I have for Discworld 2 (the first few are folders). Am I missing something?

cache
capture
dlls
source code
zmbv

ADRV688
AILDRVR
AUTHORS
COPYING
DIG
dos
dos-shortcut