How to dump Fate of Atlantis sprites to PNG or BMP files?

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

monsieurouxx

How to dump Fate of Atlantis sprites to PNG or BMP files?

Post by monsieurouxx »

Hi all,

I know the answer is probably already in this forum, and I apologize in advance.

I've been looking for this in Google, but the issue is that there have been trillions of discontinued tools doing that over the last 15 years, so trying to follow the maze of broken links and unfinished tools is a nightmare.

The worst part is that I once found the tool that's doing exactly what I'm looking for, and even used it, but I forgot its name.

Long things short:
1. I need a tool that can convert Fate of Atlantis resource files to actual, readable image file formats (PNG or BMP or GIF)
2. I need something that exports the whole game at once -- I can't afford to "export" manually, one by one, the hundreds (thousands) of sprites.

Lucasripper doesn't seem to succeed in exporting images (the feature is here but is failing). Scummpacker only export to .dmp files, etc..

I know this tools is out there somewhere.[/b]
Laserschwert

Post by Laserschwert »

monsieurouxx

Post by monsieurouxx »

Laserschwert wrote:Maybe one of these works for you:
http://www.lucasforums.com/showpost.php ... ostcount=4
No, that won't do, they are some of those prehistoric tools I mentionned (Akos crashes on Win XP, and Scumm Revisited, even though it's a neat and stable tool, doesn't do the export to standard picture file formats).

My best hope is LucasRipper, but I can't figure out why it (silently) fails to export the files even though it worked perfectly with MI2.

EDIT: LucasRipper was failing with the CD version of FoA, but worked with good ol' floppy version. PROBLEM SOLVED! :-)
tobybear

Post by tobybear »

Heya, I am the author of LucasRipper.
Strange that it fails on Indy4 CD, I think I tested with that as well. If I find the time, I will dig up the old source code and see if I can find the issue.
Cheers,
Toby