Last Express startup error

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

chutia

Last Express startup error

Post by chutia »

Hi guys firstly like to say thanks for developing such a great application been using it for a number of years!

Just recently tried The Last Express on my samsung S3 4.0.4 International version and I get an error messege when I start the game:

"Error running game: Unsupported color mode"

This was using the latest nightly build for android.
Any help resolving this problem would be much appreciated....
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

The Last Express uses 16-bit graphics, i.e. more than 256 colours. However, there are several different ways to represent a colour as a 16-bit value. The message probably means that The Last Express uses one that the Android backend doesn't support.

(Mind you, even if it did support that colour mode, the entire game is still unsupported.)
chutia

Post by chutia »

thanks for the clarification, and I shouldnt expect much support for an unsupported game atm but do you think this issue will be resolved in future updates to the relevent backend?
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

chutia wrote:thanks for the clarification, and I shouldnt expect much support for an unsupported game atm but do you think this issue will be resolved in future updates to the relevent backend?
I would hope so, but I don't really know.
fuzzie
ScummVM Developer

Post by fuzzie »

chutia wrote:thanks for the clarification, and I shouldnt expect much support for an unsupported game atm but do you think this issue will be resolved in future updates to the relevent backend?
I think we'll fix the engine to request a supported colour mode; it's just not much of a priority since The Last Express isn't playable.
chutia

Post by chutia »

:shock:
wow in my eagerness to play the game I didn't check if it was even playable yet, I just assumed it would be since there is a plugin for it released..... (Like Riven)

Hope you get the color mode sorted out along with getting the game to a playable state, I just have to wait until then I guess....