Nokia N70 and ScummVm

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

hanzholy

Nokia N70 and ScummVm

Post by hanzholy »

Hi there everybody,

i used to play the good old games on my Desktop PC. Now, that i have a new mobile (the Nokia N70) i downloaded the "ScummVM for Symbian Series 60 0.8.0". Installing was no problem, but my problem is now: How do I install, copy, etc the games, sothat i am able to play on my mobile?

There may be a hint in the Faq,but until now, I did not find it...

would be glad if anybody could help me...

Kind regards from Germany

Hanholy
Yixian

Post by Yixian »

I've just got an N70 as well (awesome, awesome phones aren't they? :D) and I'm running ScummVM. No slow down, looks great, although I had a crash with Version 2 when experiment with Broken Sword 2.

To run a game on the N70, take all the game data for any specific game, keep it in a folder you can remember the name of, and dump it on the top level fo your memory card. Then open ScummVM, click "Add Game", select "E:" from the list that appears, then click on the game folder and press "Choose". You can play the game by selecting it on ScummVMs main screen and clicking "Start".

Stereo seems to work fine on the N70 too btw.

The N70 really should be able to play the Broken Sword games because it's more than twice as powerful as the NGage, but I can't get it to even recognise them for some reason (others can, I thinm it's some noob mistake on my part). I'll try out Curse of Monkey Island soon and tell you how it goes, I reckon it might be alright, but I'm not sure, someone might need to do make a fix
hanzholy

Post by hanzholy »

Hi there Yixian,

if i see things right, it should be just working as on a usual desktop Computer. Will try this ut this afternoon. Anyway, thanks for your fast response...

And yeah, this is some kind of a mobile :D ...sometimes I forget that you can make even calls with it .

Regards,
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

BS1&2 is not built in to the releases since the support is very limited and has n't been tested There are some issues with symbian os, (interthread handles) which causes problems for various game targets, and since they have n't been tested on target, its hard to know where these problems will occur.