ScummVM logo Forum Index - ScummVM website - Contact us - Buy Supported Games: GOG.com Rules - Search - Register - Login curved edge
Folder Forum Index > SymbianOS Port > Curse and Sword
Curse and Sword
  Author    Thread Reply to topic
Yixian

Curse and Sword 

Is there any chance someone could work on fixing Curse of Monkey Island and Broken Sword 1+2 for the Symbian OS? Last time people tried it was on N-gage, which as about 104Mhz ARm and 3.5mb RAM, and people said we'd need twice of both.

Now, I have a Nokia N70, and that's 220Mhz and 35mb RAM, so I think we might be coming close to the speed needed if only a couple of tweeks could be made to either the game or the Scummvm version.

Is there any hope?

EDIT: Perhapstinker with the Palm OS version? I dunno Smile

Post Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:44 pm 
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Dont expect this to happen. COMI is running slow on the PSP @ 330 mhz and even 220 mhz, with a hugedownscale, is n't likely to increase the performance. Also resizin 640x480 ->208x176 is not really increasing the readability either. I have n't notices a great speed up on the 220 MHZ devices.. more of that , that games with fm music is running quite ok, but going to fmv and higher resolutions, it feels a bit much actually.

For COMI I would say 300-400 mhz mobilephone with a resolution of at least 400x300. as for BS it might be a little bit easier, but still needs that added resolution.

Post Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:37 am 
Reply to topic