ScummVM 1.6.0 is Near

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

clone2727
Retired

ScummVM 1.6.0 is Near

Post by clone2727 »

The testing period ended on May 26, 2013. Thanks to all who helped out!

Greetings, fellow adventure gamers! We have finally come to the point when ScummVM 1.6.0 testing starts.

This release adds support for a number of new games that need to be tested:

- 3 Skulls of the Toltecs
- Eye of the Beholder
- Eye of the Beholder II: The Legend of Darkmoon
- Hopkins FBI
- Tony Tough and the Night of Roasted Moths
- The Journeyman Project: Pegasus Prime

In addition, if you have the Macintosh version of Discworld, please give it a try as well.

A daily build should be used for testing these, and if something goes unexpectedly wrong, please report it to our bug tracker. The completed games need to be reported on this forum post and we will update our release testing page. For a usable test report, we need you to provide the version, language, and platform of the game you're testing. And, of course, please stick to the testing guidelines.

This release also has another interesting aspect. Depending on how intensively games are tested, we will add support for one more game: Hopkins FBI. For support to happen, we need test results on several platforms using several variants of the game, which includes the BeOS, OS/2, Linux and Windows versions.

In conclusion, if you want Hopkins FBI in ScummVM 1.6.0, grab your originals and contribute to this new testing period! We are also in need of screenshots too! Please submit them to our patch tracker.

When reporting whether a game is completable or not, please use this format to make it easier for us to add it to the wiki page.

Game: Game name, as reported by ScummVM
Game Version: Game version, as reported by ScummVM; EGA or VGA if applicable
ScummVM Version: ScummVM version, as reported by ScummVM (ie. "1.5.0git3266-g20b6770"); *****MUST INCLUDE THE FULL REVISION*****
Operating System: Operating system (version and 32-bit vs. 64-bit if applicable)
Problems:
List any problems you have found here (or "None" if everything works perfectly).
Last edited by clone2727 on Mon May 27, 2013 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Egon

Post by Egon »

Hmm.... I guess I will dig up my Hopkins FBI disc and finally play it!
scoriae

hopkins fbi data files?

Post by scoriae »

My hopkins fbi cd has a main folder called "Hopkins4". ScummVm (latest SVN) does not detect anything. So instead I tried detecting the game by going within the "Hopkins4" folder and it still didn't detect anything.

Do I need to take all the files from the various folders into the root folder? I can't seem to find any threads on what files to use, so either I am missing something obvious, or people haven't really tried to add the game.
Strangerke
ScummVM Developer

Post by Strangerke »

Could you tell me which version of the game it is?
scoriae

Post by scoriae »

It is a windows cd copy. I can try to dig around the files for a specific version number if needed?
dreammaster
ScummVM Developer

Post by dreammaster »

scoriae wrote:It is a windows cd copy. I can try to dig around the files for a specific version number if needed?
You might also want to file a feature request for support, and attach a list of the contents of the folder. That may give us a better idea of your variant as well.
Reckless

Post by Reckless »

Game name: 3 Skulls of the Toltecs
Game id: toltecs
Game version: English DOS/Windows

Windows 7 x64
ScummVM 1.6.0git3871-g829847c (Apr 24 2013 12:45:28)
Features compiled in: TAINTED Vorbis FLAC MP3 RGB zLib FluidSynth Theora AAC FreeType2

Used latest daily to complete the game. No new issues found.

Will try to replay entire game to check for regressions but bugs fixed during normal play were retested as fixed.
Vorph

Post by Vorph »

Game name: Tony Tough and the Night of the Roasted Moths
Game id: tony
Game version: Windows/German

Windows 7 x64
ScummVM 1.6.0git3857-g0209ce4 (Apr 23 2013)

Game is completeable (difficult version), no issues detected
JenniBee

Post by JenniBee »

Game: Hopkins FBI
Game version: OS/2/English
ScummVM version: 1.6.0git3911-ge65597
Operating system: Windows 7 64-bit (using a 32-bit ScummVM daily build)

It's not completable. It crashes after the cutscene where Hopkins is shot in the forest.

I've filed bug report #3612101.
Paolo86

Post by Paolo86 »

That's the UK WINDOWS version.
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

Paolo86 wrote:That's the UK WINDOWS version.
What is?
Paolo86

Post by Paolo86 »

My comment was referred to the post by scoriae. I don't know for sure, because I've got the uncensored win version and I'll test that next week, but he might have the censored uk one.
Strangerke
ScummVM Developer

Post by Strangerke »

Well, the problem of scoriae was that he was using a daily build a bit too old, which wasn't containing Hopkins. The version of the game wasn't the problem at all, it was properly identified.
Egon

Post by Egon »

I seem to be having the same problem as Scoriae. I have the Windows 95 version of Hopkins FBI, which installs and plays just fine aside from color problems. However, using ScummVM 1.6.0git3948-g9d9f971 on Windows 7x64, the Hopkins4 folder is not recognized as a game. Also, when I first start ScummVM it complains that no disc is in the drive.
PsyCrow

PSP - Eye of the Beholder

Post by PsyCrow »

Game name: Eye of the Beholder
Game id: eob
Game version: DOS

Platform = PSP
ScummVM 1.6.0git3955-g6936f83 (Apr 30 2013)

Completable. Just played the game through without doing anything extra or special as PSP controls are less then ideal.