Function keys in iOS 6

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's iPhone port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

scott_g

Function keys in iOS 6

Post by scott_g »

Does anyone else have success using the function keys as specified in the controls section of the iPhone port notes on the main Scummvm site?

That part of the control interface doesn't seem to be working for me on an iPad 3 under iOS 6.1/Scummvm 1.5. Also, it doesn't seem that the swiping for arrow keys or escape key gestures work. Summoning the main Scummvm menu works, as does enabling/disabling touchpad/mouse click & drag. Anyone else have similar issues with controls not working in the iOS port under 6.x?
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Re: Function keys in iOS 6

Post by LordHoto »

scott_g wrote:Does anyone else have success using the function keys as specified in the controls section of the iPhone port notes on the main Scummvm site?

That part of the control interface doesn't seem to be working for me on an iPad 3 under iOS 6.1/Scummvm 1.5. Also, it doesn't seem that the swiping for arrow keys or escape key gestures work. Summoning the main Scummvm menu works, as does enabling/disabling touchpad/mouse click & drag. Anyone else have similar issues with controls not working in the iOS port under 6.x?
The arrow key gestures do not work. ESC works fine for me.
scott_g

Post by scott_g »

Thanks for the reply LordHoto! You are right; I don't know what I was doing wrong before, but the escape gesture seems to be working fine now. Any word on the function keys?
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

scott_g wrote:Thanks for the reply LordHoto! You are right; I don't know what I was doing wrong before, but the escape gesture seems to be working fine now. Any word on the function keys?
I think they worked fine. But it's been a while since I tested that, so I might not remember it correctly.