How to save games?... and some other questions

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PSP (PlayStation Portable) port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Krisen Type-S

How to save games?... and some other questions

Post by Krisen Type-S »

Hey guys, i'd first like to say that this forum is awesome, and i learned a lot from it! I got scummvm working with monkey island1 and 2 and full throttle

anyway, i'm having a problem saving games on all three games; when i pull up the same game menu, and select a slot, it just keeps inputting "?" (question marks). If i hit same, it says its been saved successfully, but then when i go to load it, it says it cant!

how do i fix this problem? is there some sort of virtual keyboard for scummVM?

Also, in monkey island 1, i can't seem to get the music working... i did rip the tracks from the cd and mp3 and renamed to track1, etc

then i put it into the same folder, and it still dosen't work! I also tried the same process with the .ogg files with no luck

also, i find that the speech lags a little in FT, is there a way to fix this? I'm running at 333MHz, with a sony 1GB memory stick (yes i know i should have gotten sandisc, but i got a deal on the sony!)

any help? thanks guys

btw, i did get the readme.psp file, but i have no idea how to open it?
joostp
ScummVM Developer

Post by joostp »

Try using a recent ScummVM release instead of an ancient beta and you'll find that most of these problems disappear.
kraft

Post by kraft »

press select for the keyboard
Krisen Type-S

Post by Krisen Type-S »

kraft wrote:press select for the keyboard
i tried that, but with no luck... when i'm prompted to enter a save game and i press select, it just enters a bunch of '0's

should i be making some kind of save game folder in the folder with the game files?
Krisen Type-S

Post by Krisen Type-S »

joostp wrote:Try using a recent ScummVM release instead of an ancient beta and you'll find that most of these problems disappear.
yep, that was my problem!

also, for ppl reading this thread for info, i believe u have to make a SCUMMVM_SAVEGAMES folder in ur root memory card folder to save games

correct me if i'm wrong?
joostp
ScummVM Developer

Post by joostp »

Krisen Type-S wrote:
joostp wrote:Try using a recent ScummVM release instead of an ancient beta and you'll find that most of these problems disappear.
yep, that was my problem!

also, for ppl reading this thread for info, i believe u have to make a SCUMMVM_SAVEGAMES folder in ur root memory card folder to save games

correct me if i'm wrong?
It does this automatically.
kraft

Post by kraft »

yeah...i never had to do this..it made it atomatically for me
Krisen Type-S

Post by Krisen Type-S »

weird... mine didn't add it

oh well, its working now, thanks so much for the help
Krisen Type-S

Post by Krisen Type-S »

Another thing i found is that the speech kinda lags

i dunno if its lagging, its more like their mouths move too much, and causes pauses in the speech

any ideas whats wrong?
kraft

Post by kraft »

what format is your audio in?