Saving with Toonstruck does not work for me

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

maximurmisk2004

Saving with Toonstruck does not work for me

Post by maximurmisk2004 »

I seriously need some help here. I got all the ScummVM files and Toonstruck files on my SD of my Samsung Galaxy Gio. It loads and plays perfectly, but every time I try to save it gives me an Error saying that writing the Sava Data failed.

Non the less sometimes a working Savestate is created and I can start where I left off, but I have not figured out what causes this yet.

I have loaded ScummVM 1.5.0 from Google Play including the Plugins. Does anyone have a Idea what I can do? I love this game, but I cannot play if I cant say for sure if a Savestate worked.

Note: Just figured something out in case its helpful. I get the Saving failed message in any case and while still In-Game I cannot load that Savestate. When I exit and restart Scummvm though I can load the failed Savestat from the Main Menu without having to Start up the Game.
fuzzie
ScummVM Developer

Post by fuzzie »

It looks like the Toonstruck engine is buggy: if you save using the ScummVM engine, then it gives an error when it successfully saves the game, and no error when it fails to save the game.. the same for errors when loading a game.

I don't have the same myself but another developer confirmed this happens for them too (on a non-Android version of ScummVM). We're looking into fixing the error messages now, so thanks. If you ignore the error messages are there still problems?
maximurmisk2004

Post by maximurmisk2004 »

fuzzie wrote:It looks like the Toonstruck engine is buggy: if you save using the ScummVM engine, then it gives an error when it successfully saves the game, and no error when it fails to save the game.. the same for errors when loading a game.

I don't have the same myself but another developer confirmed this happens for them too (on a non-Android version of ScummVM). We're looking into fixing the error messages now, so thanks. If you ignore the error messages are there still problems?
Nope. So far I was able to Play the Game completly and I really need to say thanks for this awesome piece of software.

Saving and Loading seems to work fine except for the Error message. It only happened once though where the message did not appear and the save did not work. Also please scratch the thing about rebooting the Software for the Save to load. That was just me Troubleshooting to much. :wink: