CoMI on Nexus 7

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Laserschwert

CoMI on Nexus 7

Post by Laserschwert »

I guess this applies to all tablets with a touch screen and no hardware keys, but CoMI is a bit difficult to control because a left tap + hold isn't a long left-click (to bring up the verb icon), but a right or middle mouse click.

Would it be possible to make this a toggle, to have a tap + hold be either a right click or a long left-click?

Also, is there any Scumm-game at all that uses the middle mouse button?
digitall
ScummVM Developer

Post by digitall »

Yes, it has been known for a while that some games (which are originally designed for keyboard and 2/3 button mouse input) are tricky to play with touchscreens, and a fair amount of work and playtesting was done to try to work out a workable solution.

I am assuming you have read the notes here:
http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Android#Controls

We probably should add some configuration to this, but doing some requires some changes to the GUI (hence why the current hack of using the Adlib/MIDI button as touchscreen mode)...

I'll suggest it to our Android porter, but they are rather busy, so this may take some time... possibly over the holiday break.

As for middle mouse button, it is used by various games/engines. A quick check of the source code shows it is used in Lure of the Temptress, all SCI games and a number of other engines...
Laserschwert

Post by Laserschwert »

Yes, I've read the readme, that's why I know about the middle mouse button in the first place ;)

It would be great if long left-click could be implemented in some way, because apart from that CoMI (and Full Throttle, for that matter, as it uses a similar interface) is extremely cool to play on the tablet. Other Scumm games, that only require the left mouse button (so the tap on the touchscreen) work absolutely perfect though, especially in direct mode.