The curse of the monkey Island - N8 Bug - 1.4.1

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

FreeSpirit

The curse of the monkey Island - N8 Bug - 1.4.1

Post by FreeSpirit »

I am experiencing a strange error when I press the '*' (Menu button) on my Nokia N8 when I play the game.

The error is exactly as follows:

"could not load widget position for 'GlobalMenu.Title'"

When this is happening I am getting the console and the only thing I can do is to close it if I type 'exit' and go back to game or to exit the application and go back to the phone menu.

This it makes the game unplayable because I cannot save or see the menu title and options.

I am using the ScummVM 1.4.1 (Jan 31 2012 07:48:51) standalone version for S60v3 in my Nokia N8 Belle - Yes it works in S^3 too ;)
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Are you using the classic or new theme? You can try using the classic theme and see if it helps. Some skin features are not properly tested for qvga resolution. ALso I should perhaps enable the UI for VGA resolution which would look nicer on the newer Symbian ^3, Anna and Belle devices.
smokeymcpott

Post by smokeymcpott »

hey!
i had the same bug with my nokia n97 mini and the same scumm version but that fixed it! thanks!!

PS: thanks for your awesome work mr Anotherguest :D
lisa9
Spammer

Post by lisa9 »

how to resolve this problem
smokeymcpott

Post by smokeymcpott »

like Anotherguest said, you have to switch from the modern skin to the classic skin option (in the options menu)