Playing games with transformer dock

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

ripper2020

Playing games with transformer dock

Post by ripper2020 »

So I've looked through alot of forum posts and haven't found an answer...here's my problem. I have an asus transformer with the dock, which I thought would be perfect for scummvm (broken sword and full throttle).
However,
when I use the scummvm from android market, two mouse icons appear (when i use the touchpad on the mouse). I have to left click and hold to actually move the scummvm mouse. I know there is a setting under midi that changes how the mouse works, but it's not much better. You still have two mouse pointers and you can't move the scummvm mouse around with the mouse pad. It just moves to where you click.

So, I then tried scummvm sdl. This was a little better...there are still two mouse pointers and some lag between the two but the mouse pad movement actually moves the scummvm mouse pointer. Now I can't seem to figure out how to right click (in broken sword) and have no idea what the controls would be for full throttle. I would like to be able to use the click bar on the transformer for left and right clicks. Also, is there a way to keep game aspect ratio but have it centered on the screen? Currently the game window just sits to the left (the scummvm in android market centers when non full screen mode).

I've searched through alot of forums where people say they are using the transformer keyboard dock and it works great...but no one actually says how exactly its setup. So my question is, what are the optimal settings? Am I doing something wrong? Is there a way to only get the one scummvm mouse pointer? SHould I be using market scummvm or scummvm sdl?

My settings on scummvm sdl are:
mouse emulation mode:
Large(tablets)
advanced features
move mouse with joystick or trackball (checked)
left mouse click with trackball / joystick center (checked)
last option unchecked.

Thanks in advance. I would love to be able to play this games with my built in trackpad!
Lanjelin

Post by Lanjelin »

This applies for all Android devices that support an external mouse aswell.

Currently sitting with an Novo7Advanced2 that supports external mouse on USB, and experiencing the same when I try to use the mouse. Keyboard seems fine though (finally able to complete the crash derby in Full Throttle!).
murgo

Post by murgo »

Hi,

I've implemented support for touchpad / mouse / stylus, download a recent nightly build to use the new feature.